I'm Ready To Let Go

Thank you to those of you who have not given up on this story. I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to update.
Thank you all for 11K reads💜💜💜💜💜

Jimin's POV

I sit at my desk, going over  some of my clients' files, chewing at the tip of my pen. 
I have several different people whom I'm seeing at the moment. 

My last client walked out of the room just a moment ago. He's an Ice Skater but he says that his partner is the devil. 
I also have a guy who's convinced he's a robot, another who is a ballet student who was starving himself for awhile; not to mention the old man I see every now and then with Alzheimer's, there's this kid who's afraid of love, another who think's his rabbit can turn into a human, and a Soccer player who mostly just likes to get advice about life problems-

The door bell from the front of my building jingles and I can see the dark haired young man walking toward my office door. I smile a little to myself and wave for him to come into the room. Last but not least...Jungkook, my most recent patient. 

"Good Morning, Mr. Park." He says teasingly, as he bows. 

"Good Morning, Mr. Jeon." I say back to him, taking the cup of coffee from him that he's handing to me. 

He's come so far over the last week that I've been working with him. You might remember the incident that happened in my apartment when he began to have an episode in his car and I let him sleep on my couch afterward. 

Since then we've taken a different approach to his healing. 

"What're we doing today?" He asks, shrugging off his jacket. 

"Well, I was thinking about possibly meeting up with some of our old High School friends. However, I know that you're still nervous about seeing many people right now. So it's  just an idea. What're your thoughts?" I ask, taking a sip of my coffee. 

I can see that the idea makes him nervous. 

He bites at the corner of his lip. 

"What if...we did something different instead?" He says shyly. 

"What did you have in mind?"

"What if...we go back to our high school?" He asks. 

I feel the color drain my face a little. 

"W-Well..." I fiddle with my pen for a moment. "I'm not sure I mean...what if there are students there and-"

"It's a Saturday, Jimin-ssi." He chuckles at me. 

"B-But what if someone catches us-"

"Then I'll think up some way to get us out of it." He smiles at me gently. 

...But what if all those memories come flooding back?

"Y-You know you sound like you're in high school again when you talk like that." I say shyly, blushing a little. "You always used to  be the one who got me to do crazy stuff." I chuckle, thinking back to all the times we snuck out during class field trips and got caught falling asleep in the library, or even hiding under the slides of the playground when we were in middle school during recess so we didn't have to go back to class. He was always the adventurous one~

"Come on, pretty please?"

I take a deep breath and grab my keys. 

"Let's go." I smile at him gently. 

~At The High School~

"Jungkook-ah it looks like the school is closed down." I say nervously as he holds my hand and pulls me near the back doors of the gym.