Trauma

Hello again, Lovelies!
Thank you all so much for you patience and 3.36K reads!
UWU I love you all!
💜💜💜💜

Jimin's POV

As Jungkook kisses my forehead and walks out the door, I can't help but feel entirely stunned. My eyes go wide, and for a long while I stay there... gripping the door handle, wondering why my feet won't move. 

Memories of senior year come flooding back; moments that I wished he would'e recognized as such, times when I was less sure of myself. 

Jungkook's POV

As I enter my car, I can't help but sigh and close my eyes, relaxing into the driver's seat. 

You can't possibly imagine how confusing it is to go to sleep hating someone...and then wake up 6 years later...missing them. 

"Fuck." I groan, rubbing my eyes. I reach forward, starting the car, feeling the engine rumble to life, and suddenly I can smell it again. 

I spin around, looking for the fire that burns my senses. I look all around me, searching for the girl who won't stop screaming....for the source of all the honking horns. But there's nothing. 

The street is nearly empty...and yet I can still hear them, still smell it...the accident. 

My hands tremble, but slowly I reach for the gear shift, putting it into drive. 

I feel the tires begin to roll and suddenly I start screaming. I slam on my breaks, putting the car into park as quickly as possible as I begin to shake. 

I close my eyes and cover my ears, rocking back and forth. 

"Stop!" I beg the screaming memory. "Stop the crashing!" Even behind my closed eyes...I can see the glass breaking through the windshield, I can still see the eyes of the man who drove the car in front of me. I can still see the worried eyes of his wife, and the little kids in the back... "STOP IT!" I scream, crying. 

Suddenly I hear someone knock on my window, making me jump and look to my side. 

"Jungkook?!" I hear Jimin shout, knocking on the window. "Open the door!" He demands and slowly I do, but my hands remain jittery the entire time. 

The moment the door is unlocked, Jimin pulls it open, kneeling down to look at me. 

~Back in Jimin's House~

Jimin's POV

As I watch Jungkook fast asleep on my couch...I feel a whole new level of nostalgia wash over me. 

"Dammit, Jungkook." I sigh, beginning to unbutton my shirt as I walk into my room. 

As I sit on my bed, I open one of my textbooks, looking through the index. "Come on..." I whisper to myself. "Tell me what's wrong with, Jungkook." 

Finally I find a small paragraph near the end of the book. 

Muscle Memory and Healing

The brain holds memories in every section of the body. 
If a patient is having an emotional episodes whenever they do
something in particular, they may be having a reaction
due to something that has happened in their past. This can
be treated over time by changing the thinking of the patient.
You must show the patient that it is not the action that left the
sensitive memory, and that it is something they can overcome.

I sigh, closing the book. 

"What could be causing his screaming fits?" I ask myself as I stand up, walking toward my closet to grab a shirt.