7: Mina's Eighteenth (Lemon)

Start from the beginning

"I don't want to completely scare him, I'm going to take it slow," I laughed at my best friend. "I can't wait to see him though."

"You're lucky you've bagged yourself such a hot guy," Mina said cheekily with a wink to which I rolled my eyes playfully, although I did consider myself very lucky. We hung banners and balloons from the ceiling, stacked the plastic cups on the counter and we had bought enough alcohol to cover the entire dining table. We spread out fold away tables on Mina's large garden as well as setting up quite a few chairs and by the time we were done, the place looked perfectly fit for a good party.

Together we got ready, gossiping about our classmates as we first did each others make up. She kept on teasing me about Todoroki but I was simply laughing and just hoping that tonight something would happen. "If he's ever on his own tonight then that's be a perfect time to slip in," Mina said as I brushed eyeshadow across her eyelid.

"Yeah, maybe I could get him to dance with me," I said before we both laughed at the unlikeliness.

"I just love how obvious he is, like yesterday during training I don't think I saw him look anywhere else apart from at you, I tell you, you have him wrapped around your finger," Mina giggled. This comment did make me blush a bit but I tried to hide it. We continued getting ready and by 20:00 we had finished, which was when the party officially began although we knew people wouldn't come straight away. Mina refilled my glass as the first people began to arrive, and slowly throughout the night. Mina had invited the entirety of Class A, as well as the most of Class B, a few from the other courses and some old friends of hers from middle school. I was meeting plenty of new people however I was yet to find my red and white haired crush.

"Have you seen him? It's 21:30 and he's not here, I expected him to be quite punctual," I said to Mina as we were dancing.

"No I haven't seen him, sorry," she said back, taking a swig from her beer bottle.

"I suppose we never really accounted for the possibility that he might not come at all," I shrugged, admittedly quite sad.

"It's only 21:30, he could still come- wait, (y/n), I see him!" She said excitedly, looking over my shoulder. I whirled around quickly to see Todoroki walking into Mina's large conservatory with Midoriya and Ochaco by his side. As soon as they spotted us I noticed Todoroki stiffen up making me smirk, however I was distracted by Ochaco who rushed over and gave both Mina and I a tight hug. Together we danced but I kept on looking over Ochaco's shoulder and making cheeky eye contact with Todoroki, who was staring at me nervously.

The party was incredible, everyone was having a great time and I had met some new people from Mina's middle school, including a couple of guys who seemed desperate to talk to me. I was polite enough to them but knew that I needed to get out of there as soon as possible, so I made the excuse that my cup was empty (admittedly after downing it in front of them) and walked away to the table full of beverages. There I spotted Todoroki talking to Midoriya and a very nervous Iida; apparently he was unsure on whether or not he should be here.

I sent Todoroki and enticing smile, hoping that he'd come over to me. By this point I was quite tipsy, so I turned my back on him, trying to be sexy. I picked up a beer bottle and flicked off the bottle cap, however the drink suddenly burst out from the top a little too quickly, splashing my entire chest in the liquid. I shrieked in surprise, then heard a familiar laugh nearby. "Kaminari!" I shouted angrily at the blond. Suddenly in front of me Mineta stood, staring at my chest, trying his best to reach out and touch me whilst actually drooling. Disgusted by him I physically kicked him out the way, knowing I needed to find towels as soon as I could.

I headed straight for the bathroom, my teeth gritted as I knew some of the drink had spilt onto my dress. I was more angry about that then actually getting it on my chest. Once I was in the bathroom I shut the door but forgot to lock it in my drunken state. I picked up the flannel that was next to the sink, soaking it under the tap before rubbing it on the bits of my dress that the drink had landed. I swore under my breath, pissed off at the electric blond.