30: Hoseok, Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Morning guys. I was hoping to gather everyone together, there's something that I need to... tell you all." Jennie said.

You looked at her curiously.

"Oh, sure. What's this all about?"

"I'll explain once everyone arrives... I think all we're missing is Jungkook, right?"

Taehyung stands up. "I'll go wake him up."

He disappears into the hallway, and soon comes back with Jungkook, bleary-eyed and a blanket wrapped around him.

"Hmm? What's everyone doing up this early?" Jungkook asked, yawning.

"It's 10am already." Yoongi sighed.

"Exactly." Jungkook groaned.

He took a seat on the floor next to Jin, leaning his head sleepily on his shoulder.

With Jungkook here, everyone was accounted for. Except for Rose.

"Does Rose need to be here too?" you asked.

Jennie shook her head. "No, I just need to tell all of you. The people I'm bonded with."

She took a deep breath, and you saw Yoongi put his hand on top of hers reassuringly.

These two seem closer than they were before... I wonder if something happened between them.

"Hello everyone. I'm sorry this is such short notice, but there's something I need to tell all of you. I wasn't planning on doing this, but... you all deserve to know. And by doing this, you should know that I'll be completing my action assigned to me."

You raised your eyebrows.

"Anyways... might as well just start talking before I regret this." she went on.

You saw her flash a look over to Yoongi, who smiled softly.

"I'm going to tell you all the story of my first friend. My first supporter. My first..."

Her breath briefly caught in her throat.

"...My first love."

- - - - -

"Hoseok!" Jennie yelled, waving at him.

He looked up from the book he was reading, and beamed when he saw her, waving back.

She walked over to his lunch table in the corner, a place away from the normal bustling of the lunch room. Hoseok called it 'the secret table,' since it was hardly ever used, or even seen.

"Okay, I have a great idea for the direction I want our story to go in next for the comic. I was thinking... we need dragons." Hoseok said as soon as Jennie sat down.

"I agree. What's a medieval village without ravaging dragons residing in the nearby mountains?" Jennie said back.

It was a few weeks since they first met in the library. Jennie kept waking up to new texts from him every day, telling her something beautiful about herself. It always made her day better, even when approached with bullies and the constant teasing in the hallways.

Hoseok had become her safe space.

"Are you still good to come to my house after school today?" he asked.

"Definitely. Although I don't remember you telling me why we're suddenly meeting up after school..?" she questioned.

He grinned. "I guess you'll have to wait and see."