Run

I ran across the dark, miserable, damp street. The shadows had been following me for miles now; I rushed through the alleyway throwing a heavy, plastic bin behind me to try and stop them from following. I had to get away from them quickly or I could face never seeing Allie again, I climbed the metal fire escape towards the roof which was at least thirty stories above me. It began to rain heavier than I had ever seen, my clothes instantly stuck to my skin making my white top underneath my black leather jacket see through. My black jeans instantly clenched onto my legs, my midnight blue converse instantly began to make the horrible squelching sound.

"Stop!" One of them shouted as I began to climb up the fire escape faster in an attempt to make my escape from the roof. I could faintly hear the group running up after me over the sound of the rain punching the steel fire escape stairs. They must have at least been five maybe six stories below me, the weight that the rain added on my once light clothes was draining my energy. I pulled off my leather jacket and threw it to my left over the handrail. I could feel the rain slithering down my face from my chocolate brown hair.

"I demand you to stop under section seven of the rightful arrest of criminals act Nineteen eighty-five!" The same voice added trying to convince me to stop and turn myself in, which I would never do as I know my only hope of ever seeing Allie again is to get away from them and out the country. I must have reached the twentieth floor by now, not much longer to go, I came by an open window the owner of the apartment must have been out because who would be in an apartment willingly letting the rain pour in. I fell through the window and down the hard, oak, steep staircase into the occupants living room. "Mum! Is that you?" I heard a man shout from up the stairs, he must have been in his early twenties by the sound of it. I ran across the carpet to the front door where I began to unlock the door as fast as I could, I heard the sound of somebody walking down the stairs I couldn't have been them so it must have been the occupant.

The door flew open as I rushed out in panic.

"Oi! Get back here!" The man shouted as I heard the door slam shut, I paced down the hallway trying to catch my breath. It was like a maze in here, I needed to find another fire escape so I could get to the roof. I found a window - it was locked - I had to get out immediately. I scabbed out the window and began to run as fast as I could up the fire escape, are they still chasing me? I reached the roof. Where is it? Where is the backpack? I ran towards the fire exit door searching for it. The door burst open as I staggered back towards the edge unable to control my balance. I tumbled over the edge...

I could feel myself falling to what seemed to be my inevitable death. I could feel my body smash into the fire escape what must of at the least ten stories below, I lay staring in to the sky trying to ignore the agonizing pain located our area of my left kidney. I didn't move as I realized the pain would grow worse. I lifted my head looking down my body as I could see five inches of steel pole sticking at the lower left part of my chest. My once white shirt was now painted red, The poll must have ran through me when I fell onto the fire escape. I was loosing blood quickly... I began to feel the effects of the loss of blood... I couldn't help myself I was stuck

"Help!" I screamed in pain, I lay on the metal grill waiting for any help, as I dropped my head and my eyes began to fall.

"Charles!" I heard a voice shout as my eyes closed, I could hear somebody running up the fire escape below me but it was too late and I felt my soul slip into the never ending darkness.