Chapter 2

October, 1962

It became a routine for Amira to study.
Since she moved to Liverpool, she spent most of her times studying because she only knew Sean and her new friend Diane.
Back in London she used to get out to clubs, of course saying that she went to her friends house but in Liverpool she rather enjoyed her quiet life as a student.
Sean permanently begged to go clubbing with him but she said no and because Diane was a shy one.
Right now she was studying, again, much to Sean's impatience.
Thinking of the devil, the door opened and Sean came in.

"Helloooo, my lovely bestieeee, isn't it a nice afternoon?", he smiled over dramatically and Amira knew what was coming next.

"Before you even ask, no, I'm not coming with you to Casbah's!", Sean groaned like a child and jumped while slightly pulling my hand.

"Pleaseeee, Mira! All you've been doing is studying and you're already 2 months here!"

"But it's important, you know my parents kinda accepted the fact that I'm studying in Liverpool, I promised them."

"Yes, but they won't find out. For god's sake Mira they're in London and you're in Liverpool, how should they find out?"

Amira shrugged and said,"I don't know! Andddd, I can't just leave Diane all by herself! You know she is."

Diane was, as mentioned before, very shy and most of the time like a scared kitten. Diane was from a little village from Wales so Liverpool seemed so big to her.

"Actually, Diane has a date with that, what was his name again? Ahhhh, Nathaniel.", he said and Amira crunched her face in confusion.

"Who is Nathaniel?"

"You know the posh guy from near London."
Sean explained and Mira was still confused.

"You know the guy who always says 'my parents come long line of royals and we are from the same blood line as the Queen Victoria"

"Yeah, I know him why didn't you say earlier 'Rate Nate' because he always rates people 'cause of their standard"

"Fine but let's forget about Rate Nate and let's start with Mate Date! Come on, since you're we haven't gone out together and look for cute boys!", Sean said excitedly but Amira tolles her eyes.

Of course, she knew that Sean wouldn't make a move on any of the boys from Liverpool. He was scared of how they would react and that was normal. It's already not easy having a Migrational background but having a dark skin color and being gay made his life very difficult.

"Okayyyyy, fine!", Amira said and Sean was about to jump up with a triumphal smile as Amira stopped him.

"BUT, we are gonna be back before it's 1 a.m and we're not going to get drunk and no boys!"

"Fine, Fine and we'll see!", before Amira could disagree he ran out of the room and Amira just shook her head.

This is gonna be a night, she thought and how right she was...

The smell of alcohol and nicotine was mixed in the air of Casbah's so Amira coughed a few times to make it clear that she didn't like it.

Amira hated cigarettes. She didn't get it why people were taking them, they had no affect really. It only made you sick someday, get bad lungs and was not nice to smell.
So any guy who smoked was a nogo for Amira.

Sean only rolled his eyes when Amira coughed and went straight to the bar with her on his tail.

"Two beer", Sean ordered and put his two fingers in the air. Amira came next to him to the counter and started to watch the people.

It was a habit of hers maybe also because she was studying psychology but she was just interested people. How they acted and the reason to it.

She saw girls throwing themselves at men and girls hiding in their places not wanting to be noticed. Boys who were constantly flirting and boys who actually cared for their girlfriends.
'Just very complicated' Amira thought and suddenly there was an announcement.

"Ladies and gentlemen, now we'll have our local favorites: The Beatles!", the announcer said and presented 4 boys with his one arm stretched out while leaving the stage.

The boys didn't even bother introducing theirselves and started playing.
Everyone started cheering and dancing, they were somewhat compelling to the crowd.

Amira really observed every single one of them.
In the back was the drummer he seemed very smiley and was having the time of his life.

The lead guitarist seemed to be shyer even on stage and seemed more focused on what he was doing then the bassist, who was slightly more forward than him.

He seemed kinda like a puppy faced cutie but was definitely a ladies man.

And coming up last was the lead singer, he kinda just stared forward into the crowd and moved with the music, it seemed funny.
Amira was interrupted by her thoughts when Sean caught her staring at the band.

"That are the Beatles"

Amira rolled her eyes and said,"I heard that!"

"But apparently you don't know them, well it happens when you only study!", Sean smirked, tapped her nose and took a sip of his beer.

"The guy on the drums, his name is Ringo, he recently started being a member of the band. The lead guitarist is George, really shy but nice boy. The bassist is Paul, he's a cutie if he would've been into men then... but let's forget that for now and last but not least, the one, the only John Lennon"

"John Lennon", repeated Amira.

The guy she couldn't figure out while he performed.

"He's a lady killer. It's always the same, girl falls for him, he plays with her and then after a week it's like she never existed", Sean said like it was the most casual thing ever.

"Wow, what an idiotic asshole!", Amira said.
She grew up searching for her rights and wanting equality. She didn't get the ideology of men wanting to be prior to anyone and anything.

John Lennon just seemed like one of those men and she already didn't like it.
And speaking of him, he made his way to the bar. Sean separating both from standing next to each other.

"Hey, I'm going to the loo, you'll be fine without me?", Sean asked and Amira nodded.

She took a big sip of her glass, only hearing John next to her ordering a scotch.

When John turned to his left he noticed a pretty brunette. He couldn't really see all of her features because of the dimmed lights, but she definitely seemed new and pretty. That was always a good mix.

"Hello, there!", John said the girl turned to him. Narrowing her eyes,"hello", she shortly said and turned back.

"How come I've never seen your pretty face 'round here?", John didn't want to give up.

"I don't know? When someone spends his time only trying to get with women. He might've slipped the one or the other, eh?", she fired back with a sassy tone.

John found that really interesting, most girls would literally beg him for attention and this one didn't even care.

"A little firecracker, aren't you love?"

"And you're a little behind when it gets to your brain functions, right? Don't really get a hint"

"Love I'm gonna be a rockstar soon and everyone will know are you sure you're not up for the journey?", John asked smugly and raised his eyes brows invitingly.

Amira only gave an sarcastic smile,"I'm really happy without you, enjoy your journey, fakestar!"

That being said Amira quickly started searching Sean.
She wanted to get out...