That was the one thing Emma missed most about being on the Jolly Roger. She and Killian could kiss and hug whenever they want, wherever they want and in front of whoever they wanted to. Killian was the captain and his crew knew better than to say anything and Emma felt comfortable enough around them to do so. Here in the castle she had to present herself properly and make out with your boyfriend was definitely not proper. Emma was sure her mother would overlook it if she and Killian kissed, but her father would not be a fan. Prince Charming did not like any other man being affectionate to his daughter...

    "There you are!" Snow said, bargaining through the door.

    "Morning mother..." Emma said, clearing her throat as she scooted away from Killian.

    "Was I interrupting something?" Snow questioned.

    "No!" Killian said quickly.

    "Did you find her?" Prince Charming asked, entering the room, out of breath.

    "Morning father..." Emma said, getting annoyed.

    "And what exactly were you two doing?" David asked loudly, hands on his hips.

    "What does it look like?" Emma responded annoyed, surrounded by empty plates of food.

    "We were just eating breakfast, your majesty..." Killian said, slightly nervous.

    "We don't have time for this, come on Emma." Snow said, grabbing Emma's arm to leave.

    "Where are we going?" Emma asked, pulling her arm away.

    "To discuss what to do about your magic." She responded like it was a stupid question.

    "Shouldn't that be my choice?" Emma responded, getting more annoyed.

    "It is, we just want to help you." David interjected, trying to calm the situation.

    "Emma has magic?" Killian asked from the bed.

    "You didn't tell him?" The Queen asked.

    "What were you two doing then if you didn't tell him?" The King asked in a louder tone.

    "Because I didn't want to deal with all this!" Emma said leaving the room, frustrated.

After the princess left, Snow and David stood there staring at each other. Killian watched awkwardly from the bed, unsure of what to do. He was more scared to be alone in a room with them than he thought.

    "Perhaps I should go check on her..." Killian said, slowly making his way to the door.

    "Wait, what were you two doing in here?" David asked, trying to scare Killian.

    "Just eating and talking, I promise." Killian responded, swallowing his fear.

    "You really expect me to believe that?" The King asked, crossing his arms.

    "David, does it really matter? They were on a ship alone for months." Snow blurted out, idiotically.

    "What were you two doing alone on the ship?" David asked, arms still crossed.

    "We uh-" Killian began nervously.

    "That's beside the point. We need Emma to understand that she needs to learn to control her magic." Snow interrupted.

    "What's wrong with Emma?" Neal asked entering the room, having passed her in the hallway.

    "She's just a little upset." Killian responded calmly.

    "What, did you do something to her?" Neal asked seriously.

    "Of course not." Killian responded defensively, offended.

    "You are a pirate." David said quietly.

    "I'm also a gentleman." Killian responded, still offended.

    "Alright, enough. We need to find Emma." The Queen said, ending the bickering.

    "Her majesty is right, where would Emma go to be alone?" Killian asked.

    "You mean you don't know, I thought you knew her well." David said.

    "I've only been here a week, mate." Killian responded, trying to hide his frustration.

    "I'm not your mate." The King responded walking away.

    "Baelfire, you check the library. You know it well right?" The Queen asked.

    "Yeah, Emma and I used to spend hours hiding in there." Neal responded with a nod.

    "Good. You go there and I'll check the garden." She said, letting out a breath.

    "I'll go check the stables..." Killian added, wanting to help.

    "I doubt she'll be there." Snow responded nicely.

    "Couldn't hurt to look." Killian responded, looking down.

    "Well if you think she might be there, then by all means go ahead. You probably know her better than anyone now." Snow responded with a smile.

The Queen left the room, leaving Neal to help Killian finish getting dressed. The pirate was in a lot of pain, but he wanted to be the one to find Emma and help her. He didn't like that she kept such important things from him and he needed to address it...

    "So... how do you feel?" Neal asked, trying to make conversation as they walked down the hallway.

    "Like I've been stabbed." Killian responded with a straight face.

    "Right." Neal responded, unsure of what to say.

    "When did Emma get magic?" Killian asked after a few moments of silence.

    "Last night." Neal said, looking at him.

    "When exactly?" Killian asked, stopping in the hallway.

    "When you were unconscious." He responded calmly as they lingered in the hallway.

    "What do you think triggered her magic?" Killian continued to ask.

    "She was trying to protect you..." Neal responded as they both stared at each other.