26

Peter POV

Mr. Stark turns his head towards me. I put my phone down on the table and lower my arms to my sides. What will Mr. Stark do? Will he banish me from the Stark Tower? Will he block me on his phone and never talk to me again? What will happen?

Mr. Stark puts down his phone and starts walking towards me. I feel a chill go down my back as he stands there, not saying anything. 

"Come on," He gestures for me to follow. I slowly stand up and push my chair in, the butterflies in my stomach getting worse.

We walk to the Avenger's private elevator and step inside. There's one button in the elevator, which was the red emergency button, but other than that, it was a silver color. 

"Friday,"  He says, "90th floor please."

I feel the elevator lifting up and after a minute, we are there. The elevator's doors slowly open, revealing a room with a cozy feel to it. I saw Bruce Banner lounging on the couch and Steve Rogers flipping through the TV channels. 

"Nat insisted that you be brought up here as soon as you knew my identity. I told her not to tell you and let you figure it out yourself, but she told you," Mr. Stark says.

 The elevator dings and Clint Barton walks out, "You left your phone on the table." 

"T-thank you," I stutter, my face growing red with embarrassment. 

"Nat also thinks you should work with me on making the Avenger's suits," Mr. Stark says.

"Um, what do you think?" I ask.

"Well," He says, "You're way better than the other interns and the people who work there, so I think you can help."

"Thank you," I say, trying to conceal my excitement. I want to start dancing around and celebrate, but all I do is smile. 

---

Thanks for reading! 

-maximumrideandbooks