the bet

yes, it's named after the b99 episode. no, it's not the same story.

"If I win, you give me 50$," I decided. He was so sure he'd succeed. I almost laughed in his face.

"Okay, but if I win, you have to say yes to everything I say for the rest of the day, and do or say whatever it is I tell you to do," Percy said.

"Oh, you're so on," I replied. There was no way he was gonna beat me in a game of chess.

I looked at my best friend in the eye and smirked, knowing how this would end. He would lose the bet. He'd have to give me 50$. I would get to brag. He'd be ashamed. Just like usual.

We began the game.

I lost.

"Look at that," he said. "I just beat the mighty Annabeth Chase at chess."

"You cheated," I complained, even though I had no proof.

"I did not!" Percy spat right back in my face. "I can't believe you'd think that about me."

"Sometimes I wonder why I'm friends with you," I told him.

"How did you win?" I asked him.

"I've been planning this defeat for a month. There was no way I was gonna lose."

He smiled and before I could say anything, he said; "Will you go to your Instagram page and post a picture of us, and write down in the caption that I'm the coolest, hottest, most amazing person you've ever met?"

"No!" I said, shocked that he'd be crazy enough to even ask that from me.

He tilted his head to the side and smirked.

"Oh no," I said, remembering our bet.

"Oh, yes," he said. A huge smile was dancing on his lips. I could see the cocky, victorious look in his sea-green eyes and at that moment, I just wanted to punch him into next week.

I sighed. "Yeah, I'll do that, Master," I said, sarcastically.

"That actually sounds pretty cool," he decided. "Master Jackson. Please call me that from now on."

Angrily, and annoyed, I took a big deep breath. "Yes, Master Jackson," I answered obediently, before taking out my phone, and opening Instagram.

The rest of the day was passed very slowly. It was mostly spent telling everyone how 'amazing', 'hot' and 'cool' Percy was. It also consisted of me buying him a few things that were pretty weird. Lucky for me, he didn't make me spend over 50$ on him.

Near the end though, he seemed really nervous. I didn't know why until he asked me to go on a date with him.

"Yes master Jackson," I said, smiling widely.

"You don't have to call me that anymore," he decided. "Also, I'm paying this time. And we're going to McDonald's because I'm cheap."

"Makes sense," I replied.

"Slap yourself," he said without hesitation. I slapped myself.

He smiled sassily.

We got into his car and drove to the nearest Mickey D's.

;;;

"So what took you so long?" I asked him as I took another bite of my chicken wrap.

"Fwo rwhat?" he questioned, his mouth full. I almost laughed at all the sauce dripping down his cheek. God, he was such a child.

"Why didn't you ask me out sooner? I've been waiting for you to take me on a date for months now."

"Really?" he asked, swallowing his food and wiping his cheek with a napkin.

"Yeah, you're a real wimp sometimes," I admitted, smirking.

"Shut up, Chase," he said, but he was still smiling.

We finished our food, and he took me to a hill far from the city where we watched the stars.

"Have you heard of the new constellation they recently found?" I asked Percy.

"No," he said.

"It's called "The Huntress"," I explained. "It's quite beautiful."

"Kiss me," he blurted.

I laughed. "What?"

"Uh, sorry," he said, "that just came out."

"I'm supposed to say yes and I'm supposed to do it so that I will," I said, edging closer to him.

I closed the gap between us and opened up the newest, but longest chapter of our lives. The chapter that would last until the end.

okay, so i know i'm late on the update, but this is my last week of school and we're doing all our end-of-year exams online, so it's to find time to do this. after this week, i should be posting more regularly.

i hope you enjoyed it :)

-k