Chapter 48

Lexi's POV 

I was relaxing on the couch when a knock interrupted me.

"I'll get it." Matt said quietly, untangling himself from me.

Okay so maybe we were doing a little more than relaxing, but anyway.

"I'll get itttttttttttt." Ava screeched, running to the door.

"No you won't." Matt said, moving faster, to beat her to the door.

Ava had a problem where she would let in anyone in lately, it was something she needed to stop doing.

I was pissed that someone had interrupted Matt and I, we didn't get alot of time to ourselves lately, so when we did, I liked to take advantage of it.

"Uncle Brian." Ava yelled.

The three of them walked in.

"Drink?" Matt asked and walked off without waiting for an answer, of course Brian wanted a drink.

Brian hugged me then sat down. Ava climbed onto his lap and showered his face with kisses.

"How was your trip?" I asked him.

He'd just returned from three weeks in Europe, traveling with his new girlfriend.

Matt came back in, handing him a beer then sitting next to me.

"So, ah, I need to show you something." Brian told us.

He pulled out a photo and handed it to me.

I looked at it. It was a photo of a young woman and a child. A young woman who looked very familiar.

"Is it her?" Brian asked.

"Oh it's her." Matt told him.

"Who, who mommy?" Ava asked coming over for a look.

I couldn't speak, I looked at the picture and it brought tears to my eyes. Piper looked so grown up, so different.

"It's your Aunt." Matt said quietly, pulling me into his arms.

"Oooh." She said, looking at the picture. "Who's that?" She asked, pointing to the child.

I didn't answer, how could I, I didn't know.

"It's okay Lex." Matt murmured.

"So, I wanted to run it by you two first. I followed her, I know where she lives, but what I wanted to know was should we tell Jim?" Brian asked.

Poor Jimmy, he deserved to know.

"I think we should." I told him.

"Yeah." Matt said. "That's his child for godsake, he deserves to know."

"So who's going to tell him?" Brian asked.

It was going to be a hard thing to tell him. He'd moved on, he'd found a nice girl, Hannah, they'd recently gotten engaged.

"Me I guess." Matt said.

"Both of us?" Brian suggested.

Matt nodded.

Ava went off to play while the boys continued talking. I rested my head on Matt's chest thinking.

That was definitely Piper and it was time for her to come home.

"I'll make sure she comes home baby." Matt whispered.

I nodded and raised my face to him. He kissed me lightly.

Piper was coming home, because Matt always did anything he could for me and I knew he would never let me down.

"All you have to do is tell Jim." I whispered.

That could go badly.