Chapter 59

Pipers POV

I ran, I ran from my sister, who had blood pooled around her feet. I wasn't sure if it was a miscarriage or she'd been shot. But I ran anyway, I ran get help. But I couldnt help but feel guilty for leaving her. I ran as fast as possible to the nearest payphone, I dialled 911. 

"911 What is your emergency?" 

"Me and my sister," I panted. "My sister is Lexi Sanders. Ive found her, shes at a warehouse in an alley on Main street. Pick me up on the way, im just outside an alley, please. Save my sister." I cried, not mentioning that I blew a girls brains out. I slumped down on the telephone box and cried. I cried for Lexi, I cried for Ava, I cried for Matt, I cried for Jimmy. I even cried for myself, I picked up a gun, and shot it at Kristens head. I looked down at my hands. These were the hands of a killer. I heard the ringing of an ambulance siren coming down the street, I stood up, ignoring the shooting pains in my legs and it pulled over. two paramedics got out, I squinted as theyb walked closer, everything becoming hazy, I wobbled as I stood. I could see the panic in the paramedics eyes. My legs started giving away underneath me, the medics rushed over, managing to get to me before I hit the concrete. They carried me into the ambulance and hooked me upto tons of machines. 

"Her pulse is strong." The lady said, with slight relief in her voice. 

"We'll do more tests when we get to the hospital." The male said. The lady stroked my forehead as we drove down the street, to get closer to my sister. A few seconds later, the ambulance stopped and male got out with a gourney. I heard sobbing, Lexi being put onto a gourney, she was hysterically crying, the medics trying to calm her down. But it was no use. 

"Is my baby okay?!" She croaked, approaching the ambulance. I tried to keep my eyes open, but it was useless. I closed my eyes and tried to take a breath but my throat was swelling. I was suffocating from the inside out. My body was still but I was flailing around in my mind. The heart monitor started beeping, faster and faster. I was dying, I could feel it. I could feel myself slowly slipping away.  I begged myself to stay strong and keep living, but I was to weak. I just dont understand, why was I dying? I was fine earlier, why was this happening now?

"Shes going!" I heard the male say. And thats all I heard, before everything shut down.

I awoke in a bright white room. I opened my eyes and coughed a little. I groaned and sat up, I looked to my left, Jimmy. Jimmy was sleeping. I smiled and went to tap his shoulder, but my hand went right through his shoulder. My face and stomach dropped. I went to tap him again butt he same thing happened. I sobbed a slient sob and cupped my hand over my mouth. What was happening. I stood up, not feeling the cold of the floor I was expecting. I turned around and took in the hideous sight before me. 

My lifeless body. It felt like something from a movie, but now I was the movie. I tried to touch my own body but my hand went right through, I looked at Jimmy, he was waking. He looked so tired, hungry and his eyes were red and puffy, I reached to his face and ran my pale hand around it, I ran my fingers just around it, so I wasnt reaching thorugh my boyfriends face. His eyes jolted open and he placed his hand right where mine was. 

"Piper..." He whispers. I pull my hand away quickly, I couldnt see that, it was like he was mourning me. He grabbed my actual hand and kissed it. I clenched my fists, I was actually getting jealous of myself. I turned towards the door and it swung open, a doctor coming through. I just walked, straight through his chest, the feeling shocked me quite a bit, sending an ache throughout my whole body. I winced and walked out of the open door. As soon as I stepped foot outside, I lifted my head, there was a sea of people. I frowned, since when were hospitals this packed? Since when were patients aloud out? Then I realised.

These people were all ghosts, dead and comatose. I felt my arm being grabbed. 

"Welcome."  A croaky voice said in my ear. I turned to the person and covered my mouth with my hand. 

"Grandma?" I whispered. 

She chuckled and coughed. "Piper, youre so beautiful....But you need to get used to it here. Dont worry, it will be all fine." She smiled heartily. I smiled back, I wasnt scared anymore. 

But I had a ghastly feeling that I was going to be in this Ghost Town for a while.