Chapter 36

Lexi's POV 

I'd kissed another guy, Matt was standing there with a look on his face that said 'How dare you', how dare he. I said hey and walked straight past him, I couldn't look at him right now.

Piper was leaving and I wanted a ride with her but by the time I got outside she was gone. Great.

"You okay?" Taylor asked, coming outside.

Suddenly the door banged open and Matt stormed out, heading up the street towards his house.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna go home." I told him, watching Matts departure.

"I'll give you a ride if you like." He offered.

"Thanks Taylor but I think I'd like to walk."

He smiled and nodded. "Okay, well I'll call you tomorrow."

I nodded and headed off home, it wasn't far but it would still take me a good twenty minutes to get there and the fact that I felt exhausted didn't help.

I walked slowly, not rushing, I mean there was nothing at home for me either, so what was the hurry.

As I approached our house I noticed a car I didn't recognise parked out the front. Who the hell could that be?

As I let myself in the front door I could hear excited talking.

"Lexi." Piper yelled as soon as I walked through the door. "You'll never guess who's here?"

No I probably wouldn't, but I didn't really care either. "Who?"

"Daddy." She said excitedly.

I watched as our father stepped out of the TV room, approaching me.

"Lexi, sweety." He said, holding his arms out.

I took a step back. "How are you here?"

"It's a long story honey." He said stopping, sensing my unease. "Come in, let me explain."

"You were dead, only your not." I said coldly. "You let us believe you were dead all of these years."

"Lexi please." Piper said.

"No." I snapped. "What kind of a person does that? Stay away from me."

I turned and went up the stairs, listening to mom and Piper call after me.

What the fuck is going on here? I thought to myself, going into the bathroom.

I took of my dress and caught another glimpse of myself in the mirror. Repulsive. I quickly pulled my pyjamas on and turned on the tap.

I washed my face and looked at myself in the mirror. Piper was lucky, she had everything she wanted, her life was perfect, she had Jimmy back and dad. Mine was shit, but who could blame anybody, I wouldn't want me either.

I opened the cupboard, they were still here and I reached up and grabbed them, taking them into my room.

I got a bottle of water and sat on the edge of my bed, opening the little bottle.

I was miserable and I made everyone else miserable, I thought, pouring a out a handful of little tablets. I shoved them in my mouth and took a drink, swallowing them. Everyone would be better off without me, I poured out another handful and swallowed those too.

My stomach was trying to reject them but this time I wouldn't let it, I only hoped I'd taken enough to do the job. I quickly swallowed another handful just to make sure.

I layed on my bed, it wasn't long until I started to feel woozy and I closed my eyes.

My phone suddenly went off and I grabbed it. I had to close one eye to see what it said.

It was a message from Matt.
I'm glad your so happy

That was it. Happy, I was far from happy. I threw my phone across the room and layed back down letting the drug induced sleep overtake me.

It felt good, I was dying and it felt so right.