Chapter 28

Piper POV

I heard Lexi and Matts quiet mumbles come from upstairs. He'd come to see her just after she'd went to sleep. It was 9pm and me, Lexi, Matt and Jimmy were supposed to all go on a double date. Neither Matt or Jimmy had turned up.

At least Matt had the decency to explain to her. Jimmy didnt. 

Ten minutes later I heard Matts footsteps running down the stairs. I looked towards the staircase to see Matt looking rather stressed and upset. 

"You okay Matt?" I asked. I was worried about him. I wonder what happened up there...

"Yeah..Im fine...Lexi will...Tell you everything..." He said with a wavery voice before walking out of the house and slamming the door behind me. That didnt sound like the usual fun Matt we were used to.

I furrowed my eyebrows and decided I was going to see what happened up there. I jogged up the stairs and stopped outside of Lexis door. I heard sobbing and sniffling. To me this was strange,         Lexi never cried. But if she ever did. Something very...Very bad wouldve happened. Now insanely worried I opened the door and stepped inside. I saw Lexi huddled in a ball in the corner of her bed sobbing her heart out with her head in her knees. I hated seeing my sister cry. I just hated it. 

"Oh Lexi..." I whispered, sitting on the bed and bringing her down into a tight embrace, "What happened..." I whispered again whilst kissing her on the temple. 

"I--It was M--Matt...." She cried and my jaw clenched. What had he done to make my sister like this. 

I 'mhmm' ed at her and she went on to tell me the story of what had happened.

"He came up and said something like, Were concentrating on the band, putting all our time into it and its not fair on you and that ill be better off without him..." She sniffled. And cough violently. Her crying was coming to an end.

"Im sure he will change his mind sweetie..." I said, cradling her thin figure in my arms. 

"No he wont...And Piper. Im sure Jimmy will wanna say the same thing to you...I dont want to see you hurt Piper!" She mumbled. My eyes filled with tears. I cradled her until she fell asleep.

I covered her up and planted a kiss on her forehead and tiptoed out of the room. I ran as fast as possible to my bedroom across the hall and clicked the door shut. Jimmy wasnt even back yet. Maybe he was staying at one of the guys...

I walked over to my bed, without taking my makeup off or changing my clothes. I just laid there, curled up in a ball. Just waiting until the bombshell hits.

Im awoken the next day by my obnoxious alarm beeping like crazy. I slam my hands on it and jumped out of bed. After last night, I certainly wasnt prepared to face school and the guys. 

I dressed in some black jeans and a black hoodie. I slipped on my white converse and brushed out my hair. My roots had shown quite alot. I was planning to goto the hairdressers a few days ago, but I got sidetracked.

I let my hair fall naturally and didnt bother with makeup. Since Lexi had started walking she had already gone to school. I ran downstairs with my red backpack. I looked at the fruit bowl but my stomach was churning so I grabbed a bottle of water instead. I locked up the house and jumped in the car. 

I revved up the engine and started my journey to school. I really didnt want to go today, not atall. But I had to, for Lexi's sake.

I pulled up in the parking lot, grabbed my backpack and walked into the Prison we called school. I walked to my locker and opened it. Only to have it slammed shut in my face. 

I turned around to see Jimmy with his arm above me holding my locker door closed. His eyes were filled with sadness and it looked like he'd been crying. 

"Whats wrong..." I said, stroking his cheek with my hand.

"Can we talk later...?" He asked. "Meet me outside your house and we'll go take a walk..." I nodded and he leaned in to kiss me. The kiss filled with need and love. Also sadness. He pulled away and put his forehead on mine. Stroking my face with his hand. After 5 minutes of looking into eachothers eyes, the bell rang and we had to goto homeroom. The seniors all had homeroom together, but Jimmy went the other way to me. 

"I love you, always..." He whispered. "I love you too Jimmy..." I whispered back before he turned away and left. 

That wasnt the Jimmy I knew. Lexi was right. 

The day was uneventful and me and Lexi decided to sit on another table, away from the guys. 

I drove Lexi home today because she had 2 lessons of Phys ed and she was completely drained. She even fell asleep in the car. 

I arrived at my house and woke Lexi up, telling her I was going out for a while. Honestly, my heart was beating faster than it ever had before. I got out of the car and grabbed my backpack and ran around the back of my house to see Jimmy leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets. 

"Hey..." I whispered, walking upto him. He looked my way and grabbed my wrist and dragged me into the woods. 

After 5 minutes of running, he stopped and turned to me and grabbed my face with both hands

"Youre so beautiful Piper..." He said sadly. I put my hands over his.

"Jimmy, stop stalling...Whats going on...Matt came over last night and killed Lexi and now this is happening?" I said. Tears threatening to fall.

"I hate to do this Piper...I really do. Ive stood you up too many times the past six months...Its not fair on you or Lexi. Im not good for you." He said. The tears now falling freely.

"Jimmy you dont have to..." I said before he shh'd me.

"No Piper...I do have to...Now, the only time you'll see me and the others is at school...We wont cause you any more  trouble and I really do wish you the best...I love you Piper. I always will. Thankyou for being there for me and making such a huge impact on my life..." I looked down and saw my tears hit the floor. I felt Jimmys hands come away from my face and the cold replace them. I heard leaves crunch and twigs snap as he walked away from me. Walked out of my life. Forever.

I fell to the floor, my knees giving way. I can hear myself sobbing. I rubbed my eyes and cried even more, remembering how happy we were. And how distant we became.

I cried until I couldnt cry anymore. I fell asleep, dreaming.

DREAM

"Where are we going daddy?!" I asked excitedly. 

My dad chuckled, "Somewhere special Kitten." I smiled as him and buried my head in his chest as he carried me to the car. 

He drove for what felt like hours. He then stopped at the side of what looked like a beach. My eyes lit up in excitement as I saw the water glisten in the moonlight. We both got out of the car and went to the shoreline. 

"Its beautiful daddy..." I whispered, wrapping my arms around his waist. 

"It is isn--" My dad said before starting to gag and cough. My head snapped up at him and he wasnt there. My eyes carried on down and saw him laying on the floor. I kneeled down next to him and held his hand. 

"Daddy...Dont leave me..." I whispered, crying into his chest. 

"I wont baby..." He said before he closed his eyes. I dont even know if he was dead or not. I looked at the wound he had on his side before being ripped away by a police officer. Kicking, screaming and crying to be let go.

I never saw my dad after that. Lexi and my mom always thought of him as dead...I didnt know what to think...

________

I felt myself being picked up bridal style. The arms felt familiar. The breathing pattern was the same.

"Daddy?..." I croaked out...

"Im here, Kitten..." He said as darkness took over once again.