Chapter 3

Lexi's POV

Poor Piper, I couldn't believe this shit was happening again, we hadn't even been here one day.

After she ran I tried looking for her, I couldn't find her anywhere and I ended up missing a class, so when I went into my next class I was told to go to the office.

Just great, in trouble on my first day.

I walked in and sat down, there were two guys sitting here as well and I did everything to avoid looking at them.

"It was your fucking fault." One hissed to the other.

I wondred what they'd done while trying not to smile at the whispering back and forth between them.

The office door opened and a huge man stepped out.

"Brian and Matthew get in here, I am sick of the sight of you pair." He told them gruffly.

They both stood up and walked inside, but not before the black haired one turned and winked at me. (Yes I know Brian had light hair when he was in school but for the purpose of this fic he will have his black hair.)

I couldn't help but smile, he seemed pretty sure of himself.

After ten minutes or so those two came out looking very unhappy.

"Do not let me see you here again." The man snapped at them.

They walked out with their heads down and their hands shoved into their pockets.

"Lexi?"

I stood up, looking at this huge man.

I followed him into his office.  "I'm Mr Reynolds, the principal, I would ask you if you'd enjoyed your first day but I have already been informed that you haven't."

"Oh." I couldn't think of anything else to say.

"I'm well aware of the circumstances behind your transfer and I wanted to let you know that I do not tolerate bullying of any kind in my school."

I nodded. "My sister."

"Yes, your mother called, she's at home and she's fine, I also want to let you know that the boy who bullied her has been dealt with."

Wow, I was impressed, at our old school we were basically told to deal with it.

"Um thanks."

"Now go, I'm sorry your first day wasn't the best, hopefully tomorrow will be better." Mr Reynolds told me, walking me to the door.

"Thanks." I told him.

I walked outside, digging around in my bag looking for my keys.

"First day and already in the office." The black haired guy said.

I looked up, he was leaning against a wall smiling, his friend was nowhere in sight.

"So what did you do?" He asked.

"Nothing, there was a problem with my sister earlier." I told him.

"I'm Brian by the way."

"Lexi." I said smiling. "So what did you do?"

"Smoking again." He looked sheepish. "Anyway enough about me, let me walk you to your car."

We walked together, him chatting constantly.

"This is my car." I told him.

"Okay, well I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"Do you need a ride?" I asked him.

"Nah, I've got my car, but thanks anyway." He said.

"Okay Brian, well it was nice to meet you." I smiled.

"Same. Oh hey in the morning meet me at that wall over there." He said pointing. "My friends and I usually hang there, I'll introduce you."

"Sure, that'd be great."

We said goodbye again and I got in the car starting it. I smiled, maybe,  just maybe things would be better here.

I just hoped Piper was okay.