Episode 2: Diamonds In The Sky

Start from the beginning

"What is that?" Judy asks as she whips around to her sister irritably.

"I know, right?" Penny asks. "It's so familiar, but what is it? It's on the tip of your tongue."

"I'm not playing this, Penny." Judy says with an annoyed shake of her head.

"I'm sorry, Jude. That's just the way the cookie crumbles." Penny hints.

Judy ignores her.

"'That's just the way the cookie crumbles'. I could have not made it more obvious." Penny says as she reveals the crinkling to be a package of Oreos.

"Ooh. Oreos!" I throw my hands up excitedly.

"Where did you get those?" Judy asks.

"So, you are interested in the only Oreos in a hundred trillion miles?" Penny asks.

"You spent 14.3 ounces of your personal weight allocation in that?" Judy asks.

"No. Mom did." Penny responds.

"Worth it." I call from the background.

"It's the mast item on her checklist. 'Retrieve the blue object from locker 24A.'" Penny explains. "It was this or another pack of air filters. I made the call."

"What are you doing?" Judy asks as Penny starts opening the package.

"Having it be the last item on the list indicates it's a reward for finishing." Penny explains.

"No, you have to wait for everyone." Judy states.

"I'm going in." Penny says as she continues to open the package.

"Sure." Judy rolls her eyes and turns back to the console when it suddenly starts beeping.

"Pump's clogged again." Judy states.

"Can we trade off?" Penny asks.

Eventually, Penny gives up and leaves to go unclog the pump. Penny comes back rushing into the cockpit and tells us there's some kind of storm. She picks up the radio on the wall.

"Mom, Dad, come in. Do you read me? Over."

"They're out of range." Judy says.

"If they're in the valley, they're not gonna see that storm until it's directly above them." Penny states.

Judy starts typing something into the computer.

"We have to do something!" Penny exclaims.

"Think it through. What pace would me need to maintain to hike down to them and get back here in time?" Judy asks.

"Why walk when we have a Chariot?" Penny asks.

"It's in the garage, buried under a bunch of ice." I say.

"We have to get it out!" Penny yells.

"How?" Judy asks. "I was specifically told to go easy in the engines so the ice wouldn't become unstable and crush our ship!" She snaps.

"Mom, Dad, and Will-" Penny starts.

"Can take care of themselves." Judy interrupts. "Now stop panicking."

Judy sighs and continues to type. I rest my chin in my hand and bounce my leg on the floor nervously. Suddenly Penny flips some switches on the control panel and pushes a lever forward causing the engines to roar to life and break the ice surrounding the garage.

"Jeez, Penny! What the hell was that?" I exclaim, now standing.

"Have you lost your mind?" Judy exclaims as Penny turns and starts walking towards the door.