Chapter 26: The Crisis

Start from the beginning

Lin Mu hesitated, "How do I know if you have any evidence."

"It's all up to you whether to come or not," Sheng Xing Ze hung up the call before Lin Mu could respond.

Mi He Qiu put his phone aside and flattened the bed to let Sheng Xing Ze lie down.

"Brother Sheng, I think you should tell Brother Yu, if he knows you are hiding Lin Mu matter from him, Brother Yu will be angry," Mi He Qiu spoke weakly after much consideration.

Sheng Xing Ze tilted his head to look at him, and there was no emotion in his eyes, "Are you my assistant or his assistant?"

Mi He Qiu felt cold sweat on his back when being stared at by the other, struggling to try to quibble, "But Brother Yu is the big boss."

Sheng Xing Ze did not want to embarrass Mi He Qiu, "Don't ever let him know about this matter, I've troubled him a lot lately, it's not always a good thing to owe many favors from someone."

Mi He Qiu wanted to say that Brother Yu is more than happy to help you, but seeing Sheng Xing Ze's expression, he silently swallowed what he wanted to say down his throat.

Brother Yu was the Big Boss, but Brother Sheng paid his salary.

The next night, Sheng Xing Ze wanted to send Mi He Qiu home to rest, if Mi He Qiu stayed here, that person would never appear.

Mi He Qiu was worried to have Sheng Xing Ze facing Lin Mu by himself and insisted on staying with him.

"Your body is still not fully recovered, you still need help with moving around; if Lin Mu wants to harm you, there is no way you can resist."

Sheng Xing Ze tried to persuade him for a long time, but Mi He Qiu was determined to not leave this place.

Sheng Xing Ze could only compromise at last, "Then you go downstairs and find a place to sit to wait for me. If something happens, I'll call you immediately."

Mi He Qiu wanted to say something, but seeing Sheng Xing Ze did not intend to continue to make concessions, he left the room in peace but every three steps he would turn around to look at the man in the ward. In the end, he still called Yu Bai when he left the ward.

Sheng Xing Ze was sitting in the ward, Mi He Qiu had walked away for some time now, then three polite knocks followed by the sound of the door being opened.

The person in front of him was so tightly covered that he could not see his face. Even when he walked into the room with sufficient heating, he did not want to take off his coat.

Sheng Xing Ze was not surprised to see the coming person, he just sat there on the hospital bed and smiled politely at the man.

These days Bei Mao Xun has been watching Lin Mu's movements. Sheng Xing Ze knew that Lin Mu specifically went to Hui Cheng last night. When Sheng Xing Ze called, the two of them should be listening to the phone conversation together. He knew that even if Lin Mu did not dare to come, Hui Cheng would definitely get here on time.

Sheng Xing Ze moved his finger and secretly pressed the recorder hidden under the quilt.

"Senior Hui Cheng, it's my pleasure to finally meet you."

The person laughed at his choice of words and took off the mask and scarf covering half of his face, revealing a mediocre face, "you're a smart man, let's be frank with each other."

"Senior, please go first." Sheng Xing Ze's voice was steady, not a tint of panic in his tone.

Hui Cheng took off his outerwears and placed them on the nursing bed. He slowly took off his gloves and looked at Sheng Xing Ze's eyes with a feverish flame, as if he was admiring an extremely perfect artwork.

"Originally, I was not interested in the little personal grudges between you and Lin Mu, but unfortunately you repeatedly intervened in the matter between me and Hui Si Yong, this is your fault."

"Hui Si Yong and I are from the same filming crew. Is there anything wrong with helping each other out?" Sheng Xing Ze tilted his head, acting silly, and a pair of bright eyes looked at Hui Cheng as he activated his ability silently.

Hui Cheng, who was being influenced by Sheng Xing Ze's ability, smiled distortedly, and the fluorescent light of the ward shone even more palely on his face, "then today, let an experienced Senior like myself teach you that helping each other in the entertainment industry is not the way to survive. If you're not careful, you will provoke people you shouldn't."

He did not expect Hui Cheng would have such extreme behavior. Sheng Xing Ze knew that there was no way to escape Hui Cheng's direct attack. He quietly swept his eyes around the room, his eyes locked on a stick leaning against his bedside. Originally, he used it to wake Mi He Qiu up in the morning, but now it actually came into handy in this situation.

"Senior, are you going to harm the little being like myself?" Sheng Xing Ze's hand slowly touched the stick.

Hui Cheng noticed his movements and grabbed the stick before the young man grabbed it.

"Do you want to grab this? Let me bring it to you. That kid Hui Si Yong cracked two of your rib bones, right? Then I'll break them for you, how is that?"

Hui Cheng dully poked the stick twice at Sheng Xing Ze's chest, and drew a pocket knife out from his pocket.

Sheng Xing Ze was motionless, his heart was beating fast, and the vibration of his chest caused by the rapid breathing created pain from the injured bones.

"I heard that your fans like your face very much, and Hui Si Yong is also the same. Relying on that pretty face of yours, you two could easily get the roles without an audition. Today, I'll help you realize the harsh truth of this industry; without this face, you're nothing."

The icy blade was placed on Sheng Xing Ze's side face, and the bitter coolness spread from his cheek to his heart.

Sheng Xing Ze resisted the urge to shiver in fear. After all, he had died once, so he was not afraid of dying again. He was just feeling sorry for Father Sheng and Mother Sheng, because he still failed to change Sheng Xing Ze's tragic ending, who was destined to die.

"What good is there for you to hurt me?" He raised his head to look into Hui Cheng's eyes without a fear, a completely calm expression unlike a patient who was being threatened at knife point and was unable to fight back.

Hui Cheng patted Sheng Xing Ze's face with the razor blade, sitting down next to him and said in a calm tone, "If it weren't for you taken Yuan Xiu away, Hui Si Yong would still be staying at home and follow the future path I set out for him, then none of this would happen."

"The arrangement you have set out for him is more like the path to his destruction; after all, you're just jealous of him."

Sheng Xing Ze's heart was already hanging in his throat. While he was waiting for Hui Cheng to reply, it seemed that his violent heartbeat echoed in the empty ward. The only thing he was afraid of now was that Hui Cheng found the recording pen he hid under the quilt. As long as the evidence was not being destroyed, he believed Yu Bai would be able to bring everything to light with his ability.

Hui Cheng suddenly stood up, pointed at the tip of Sheng Xing Ze's nose with the cold blade, "Yeah, that's right, I'm jealous of him. After I finish with you, his doomsday is coming soon. The two of you still have Yu Bai, I won't disappoint you. I'll let you three meet again on your way to hell."

He laughed wildly, and his laughter echoed throughout the ward.

When his knife was once again aimed at Sheng Xing Ze, the door of the ward was pushed open with a bang.

Hui Cheng did not expect such a turn of events at this time. When he turned around, he was stunned. Sheng Xing Ze took the opportunity to quickly grab the knife in his hand.

At the same time, a figure broke into the ward from outside, neatly kicked out the stick in Hui Cheng's hand, and effortlessly pressed him down on the ground.

"You probably don't have this chance," Yu Bai said coldly to Hui Cheng, who was still trying to struggle out of the deadlock, and mercilessly held him down on the ground.

---