I knew they were there to protect me, but this was something I had to do alone and I didn't like the sudden feel of being too helpless, as if I was incapable of doing anything myself. It was too much.

"We've arrived. I'll wait here" The taxi driver spoke and I uttered a small 'thanks' before handing him the amount of money on the meter. I had taken it from the table when they weren't looking as well as a few other things.

I exited the taxi slowly, shutting the door behind me and wrapping my arms around myself to rid myself of the cold. But, looking to the house in front of me, it made me feel warmer.

I walked up the steps and to the door before peaking into the window, smiling widely when I saw her form.

Sue.

She was sat around the table with her kids, eating breakfast and I felt a small tear streak down at the emotions that hit me when I saw her face. She was the person I would most miss when I left. I lifted my bag off my shoulders before opening it and taking out the small takeout bag. I placed it against the door, the gold inside glinting against the porch light.

I looked back to her inside with a shaky smile. She deserved this; more so than me. Sue had been my rock for as long as I could remember and, so, it was only her I thought of when thinking about what to do with the gold.

I wanted so bad to hug her then; to explain all that had happened, but I couldn't do that to her. She had, undoubtedly, been worried about me being absent and most likely seeing me now would cause another wave of emotion. Instead, I left a note saying I moved away with my biological family who had been searching for me. I knew she wouldn't take the gold from me so I had pleaded in the note about how much it would mean if she did.

I sucked in a small breath as I retreated back. Demir and Emut would realise I'm missing if I was gone too long. I looked to the taxi perched on the pavement before knocking on the door and hurrying to the vehicle.

I could see the door open as the car pulled away, but didn't dare look in the fear that she would see me. Instead, I sat back and rested my eyes for the 10 minutes ride.

It was only when the driver spoke that I realised I had arrived. I thanked him again before making my way out and to the motel room. The door opened with a resounding creak and I turned to see Emut stood by the dining table, looking to the wall and Demir sat on the bed, looking up to me.

"Did you get your drink?" Emut spoke and I looked to see he was still gazing at the wall, an unreadable expression on his face.

I internally cursed when I gazed down at my empty hands before smiling tightly.

"I guess, I was really thirsty. I drank it all by the machine." I answered warily, watching as Demir gave me a hard look, but chose to say nothing. I turned to gaze at Emut then who nodded at my words, a muscle ticking in his jaw.

"The one downstairs by the car park? Because you weren't at that one." He bit out, eying the wall as if it was more intriguing than the conversation.

I dropped the act then, my eyes narrowed at his words or, rather, his attitude.

"Oh, so now you're spying on me? I don't need a guard, Emut." I said with a sneer to which he turned to me, his hand banging against the table and I flinched as all 4 legs cracked under the force.

"Don't put this on me. I was worried, not spying. You lied, Hanna. You lied to us when we trusted you." He grit out, his eyes like the heat of the sun, making my blood pump faster through my body.

I recoiled at this, processing his words and I knew I was wrong. Had I asked to go to Sue's house, they would have said yes, without a doubt. I knew that trust was something that was really important to the group; it was valued more than it was on Earth and I had disregarded it.