"I'd ask you to do the same, but then there'd be no mirror to use to get back." I quipped with a small glare.

"Hey, speaking of which, how do we get back?" Emut's voice spoke up as he touched the mirror with a hand. He looked over to me curiously and Demir walked over, placing his hand against the mirror.

"Hanna, open it up." He almost but demanded and I rolled my eyes before moving closer and nudging him out the way.

"'Please' and 'thank you', Demir. It's not that hard, even for a brainless cretin like you." I muttered out, not even waiting for a response before closing my eyes and remembering the ancient words given to me.

"Ana iza arooh Aaru." I regurgitated the words before opening my eyes and tentatively sticking out my hand just as I had done many weeks ago. Yet this time, my hand met glass and I was left staring at my reflection.

I felt the panic build within, but ignored it as I closed my eyes and recited the words yet again. But, nothing changed and I touched the cool surface mirror again before letting out a frustrated sigh and turning to the two males who were looking at me expectantly.

"I don't know why, but it's not working." I let out in an apologetic ramble, but instead of being met with anger, Emut shook his head with a smile.

"Don't worry, it'll work eventually. Had you not been there, we would probably have had to face the Bakenanouke." He said gratefully, his honey eyes making me feel warm. I sighed in relief at his words even more so when Demir nodded his head.

"Allow your meagre brain some time to recover, Hanna. Try again later." He teased before laying back on the bed, his form taking up from the top and his legs hanging off the bottom. I rolled my eyes as he placed his hands underneath his head.

"Perhaps, I'd have fared better if I weren't too focused on being repulsed by you." I retorted snarkily watching as a small smile graced his face, his eyes closed.

"If I had known my mere presence was too distracting for you, Hanna, I'd have been more courteous." He murmured and I let out a small huff at his words, folding my arms.

"Well, it's not too late. There's a big enough window to jump out of, if you're still feeling generous." I said with a mock-enthusiastic smile, gesturing to the window.

Demir opened his eyes at this, the greyness glowing in the darkness. He looked to the window before shifting his eyes to me slowly.

"It's amusing that you think a mere 2 storey jump would hurt me in the slightest." He let out, a predatory look in his eyes as he watched my apprehensive reaction. He leaned onto his elbows, his gaze further piercing into me.

"Or even you, for that matter." He finished purposefully and I went silent at the mere prospect of truth in his words. It was so strange to believe that there was a whole other part of me that I was unaware of; it was as though everyone knew me more than I knew myself and it unnerved me. Demir let out a small laugh at my expression.

"You look more of a meek lamb when you're silent. How pleasant." He taunted and I glared hard at his words, but it didn't faze him in the slightest. Rather, he relaxed further, closing his eyes and leaning back into his hands.

"Now, give me some quiet and make yourself scarce." He demanded bluntly and I let out a tut at his typical behaviour before turning to Emut stood by the window.

"What are you looking at?" I asked as I neared him. He turned slightly at my voice before looking back to the dark streets.

"Just seeing how it looks." He murmured before brushing his hair back; his arm flexed at the action. I smiled at his words before reaching out and opening the window.