~When You're Ready~ 3

And now the first actual sickfic element of the story. Guess what's wrong with poor Kookie, since he himself has no clue.

Two weeks after that day, Jungkook woke up on Wednesday with a raging headache. He turned off his 6am alarm and pulled the duvet up to his eyes. Five more minutes couldn't hurt. But then he opened his eyes again, and his phone said 6:10. He rushed out of bed, Namjoon not stirring in the slightest.

After losing 10 minutes of preparation, he had to pick between eating breakfast and doing his skincare routine since he couldn't do both. He decided on skincare and threw a banana into his bag after putting on a face mask. He ended up leaving on time, getting on the train on time, and getting to work at 7:01am, only a minute late by the means of some miracle.

Hoseok greeted him at the reception office. He and Hoseok had met on Hoseok's first day as the new receptionist at their company's building. Since then they had become the closest of friends. Hoseok brought Taehyung and Yoongi into their friend group, and Jungkook brought Jin, Jimin and Namjoon. Now they're a septet of friends who know almost everything about each other.

"Heyyyyy! MET Gala meeting today, Jungkook! You're really going places!" Hoseok smiled widely, taking Jungkook's card and scanning him through to let him into the office floors. Jungkook bowed slightly, mumbling,
"I dunno about that, hyung. I feel like the only place I'm going is my grave."

Hoseok laughed and said,
"That's the spirit!" Jungkook left and stood in the elevator. After arriving in his office, Jungkook sat down and sighed, placing his head not-so-gently on the desk. There he sat for a few minutes before Hoseok reappeared with a coffee cup filled with water and a foil tray of pills.

"You look like Satan himself, but I found some headache medicine at my desk, so… yeah,"

Jungkook thanked him in a whisper and took the pills and water. He put his head back down on the table after checking his phone for the time,
"How do I make myself look presentable enough for a MET Gala interview, hyung?" Hoseok chuckled quietly and said,
"I dunno, just… put on some makeup or something,"

Jungkook sighed and stood up, heading out of the room along with Hoseok, who had to go back to reception anyway.

When he entered the meeting room, there were a few members of staff, his boss and a few people he didn't know already sitting around the table. His boss greeted him,
"Good Morning, Mr Jeon. Take a seat please,"

Jungkook sat down in one of the spare seats, trying harder than he ever had to ignore the raging ache knocking against his skull. He sat up straight with his back arched slightly to offer a polite first impression to the unfamiliar attendees, who he assumed were working for the companies who were organising the MET Gala.

They waited a few more minutes to start the meeting at 7:15.
"Alright, so this morning we've assembled to discuss the attendance of Mr Jeon Jungkook at the annual MET Gala. Firstly, let's go over potential schedules-"

Jungkook listened attentively and wrote down the details, trying to look like he was clearly engaged in the meeting, but in reality he was scribbling down what everyone said word for word so that he could decipher it later when he was thinking straight. On any other day he would have been excited to hear about plans for the event, but today he just wanted to go home and cuddle with Namjoon until he wasn't hurting anymore.

Finally the meeting was over and he bowed to the staff as he left the room. When he reached his office where he could finally break down and cry from the intensity of his headache in private, he saw Hoseok standing at the door with a huge smile on his face.

"How did it go?" He asked brightly. So brightly that Jungkook thought sunglasses might have actually helped him see around Hoseok. Jungkook scrubbed at his face and walked straight into his office, not even looking at Hoseok,
"Dunno, don't remember… was just- it was jus' s-so fuckin' hard,"