Chapter 14 ~Practice makes Perfect~

The chest opened as soon as Erian and Lyra touched it with their nose, they took the scepter in their mouth and looked at me. (F/N) and I did the same with our chest, taking the Spirit Tome.

Walking back towards the square where Sidon stood, I started to feel the pressure of the whole situation again, A whole kingdom... Or what is left of it, depends on this. The doubt kept crawling up our paws, we bit a bit harder on the book.

-(Y/N), please calm down, I know this is a big responsibility on you, but I really can't think of someone more capable than you-, Sidon's clawed hand was now petting our cheeks, his gentle eyes full of hope, kindness and so many things I can't describe. We relaxed instantly, I sure want to make Hyrule a safe place for everyone, but specially for him.

-Sorry to interrupt guys, but I think you should rest, it has been a long day for everyone and if you want to master both weapons, you'll need all the energy you can get- Erian's voice broke our staring, she was back in her human form, still in the same clothes and holding the scepter. Her smiling and kind face didn't matched with the newfound aura of strength she gave, she did look somewhat powerful and menacing with Lyra by her side and the whole look.

~Time skip~

We slept for a while, an amazing smell coming from somewhere woke me up. (F/N) was curled by Sidon, while he had an arm over them, in a weird hug, as if (F/N) was some sort of plushie. The sight warmed my heart, it was so cute.

I decided to let them sleep a bit more, and walked towards the smell, now mixed with some pans and casseroles crashing. I made my way through the main hall, into a dinning room. The table was full of different foods, meat, seafood, many kinds of fruits, some I didn't even recognized.

-Oh sorry dear, did I woke you up with all the noise?- Erian came out of a door that seemed to be the kitchen, holding yet another plate of food.

I looked at her with a smile, slightly amused. -No you didn't, it was actually the smell of all this amazing food, but don't you think it is a bit too much?-

- Maybe, is just that I didn't know what you guys liked... So I made a bit of everything!- She answered with a chuckle, placing the las plate on the table.

-Food is ready, so why don't you go for your boyfriend and (F/N)?- her smile turned into a knowing smirk, making me blush.

- We... We are not a couple Eri, as much as I would like that, we can't right now, it is not the right time, plus we are totally different species, and he is a prince.- I said, looking slightly down, thinking about all the things that might be a problem for us.

Erian's light footsteps quickly made their way towards me. - I know it is a hard time, but you are so young, and you are going to war soon. I think it might be a good idea to tell him, but I won't push it if you don't feel ready. And about the other two, well yes different species and he is a prince but there was once a hylian who married a Zora princess if I remember correctly- She paused, looking at me softly.

-Anyway, go wake them up, the food is going to get cold- She turned back towards the kitchen, the sounds of plates was heard from inside.

I went back towards the room we were staying, opening the door softly to not scare (F/N). They were now on top of Sidon's chest, their breathing coordinated as both snored slightly.
Walking slow, taking the scene and trying not to wake them up, I made my way towards them.

-Sidon, wake up, Erian made us dinner- I whispered, shaking him a bit. (F/N)'s head perked up at the mention of food, while Sidon's eyes opened slowly, with a bit if confusion but he soon realized what was going on.

-As lovely the nap was, sleeping out of the water is a bit uncomfortable- he said giving me a lazy smile.

I returned the smile and helped him up. - We can ask Erian if you can sleep on the lake, now come, I'm really hungry and all the food looked delicious- Taking one of his fingers with my hand, I started to pull him downstairs into the dining room.