"Atlas, my patient is waiting for me" I could hear the way my voice almost shook from the slight annoyance that he's drilled inside of me from all these encounters with him but I managed to correct it with the clear of my throat before it was noticeable.

"Actually, no. Boss wanted me to tell you that you aren't meeting with him today but instead...with her" He taunted, giving me a look as if he knows exactly what's going to happen, keeping my path blocked.

I took a step back, looking at him dubiously, "Why?"

He could see the apparent doubt on my face as he gave a small shrug, "I may have a few ideas but I'm sure you don't want to be late now"

I didn't move from my position, my eyes wavering away from his blue ones to the door locked behind him. I took another small step back before turning around fully and walking back the way I came.

My mind was reeling with all the possibilities and I even managed to convince myself that Atlas had truly told Ms. Devlin about the incident. I wasn't in the wrong but the way he had taunted me made me feel as if I was.

I let out a breath of exhaust as I approached her door before I knew even realized, the ride up being too short for my liking as I stood before the door, wondering what awaited for me on the other side.

My fingers curled into a fist, raising my hand up and gently knocked against the wooden door. I waited for a few seconds, not hearing anything back and I suddenly wondered if Atlas had deliberately done this. I felt a flash of annoyance run through me, raising my hand up again to knock against the door more firmly this time.

I finally heard a thud on the other side with shuffling of movement following after, "Come in"

I didn't waste another second before wrapping my hand against the doorknob that felt cool compared to my warm skin. The door suddenly felt as heavy as the pressure of stress on my chest as I pushed it open.

Ms. Devlin sat on the chair behind the desk, eyes focused on one of the many files in front of her. My eyes scanned the room swiftly, the endless rows of books mounted to one side of the wall whereas the other side of the wall was occupied by the endless rows of the taupe colored file cabinets, all with a thin strip of a label and a tiny keyhole lock on them.

"Lenora, good to see you" My eyes averted back to hers, my attention immediately pulled from the items around me and on the reason that I came up here for. I gave a small smile to be respectful, dropping my hand from the doorknob and letting the door loudly close behind me, my heart jumping at the loud unexpected sound.

I pulled myself together, walking to one of the two seats in front of her desk. Underneath her piercing gaze, for some reason I felt as if I did and am doing something wrong, "Good to see you as well, Ms. Devlin"

She gave me a small nod, her lips tugging upwards the slightest, "Well, I think you may know why I called you" My heart sped up suddenly, my mind going to the situation with Atlas and Harry when she continued, "I would like to know the progress you've made with the joker"

I let out a breath discreetly. Of course.

"I...got some information but it's not very relevant to the file" I confessed, seeing her eyebrows pinch together as she listened to my words carefully.

"What information did you get?" She clasped her hands in front of her on the desk, sitting up straighter.

To be truthful, my meetings with Harry had been useless so far but I was sure she wouldn't be pleased in hearing that. I racked my brain, thinking of how to reply to her, "Well... it's in the file-"

"I'm sure you remember some of it" She cut me off with that smile still on her face, raising an eyebrow as she waited for me to give her the information she was seeking.

I swallowed and nodded slightly, "He sort of implied that the charges against him weren't all caught on file..."

Ms. Devlin pursed her lips, waiting for me to continue but I stayed silent because there was nothing else useful that I could tell her, "That's all?"

I gave a slow nod, seeing her expression go from patient to completely void of any emotion within a second, "I need more time, he won't say anything that we need, he's only telling us what we want to hear"

Her eyes raised back to me, seeming to be interested in what I was saying, "The longer we keep him, the more damage he's doing without us even realizing"

My eyebrows furrowed instantly, wondering how that was even possible, "I understand but I'm really trying...and I think I know why-"

She calmly interrupted me, "And why is that?" 

"The security camera...he knows we're watching him" I slowly tried to make it apparent to her the reason he was against giving any information but she didn't seem phased, as if it was common knowledge. Perhaps it was common knowledge and I was just not as aware of it.

Ms. Devlin kept her inquisitive blue eyes on me for long seconds to the point where I felt like squirming under her gaze, "Well that's just too bad for him. It looks like we'll have to keep giving him treatments to help his condition, thank you for meeting me Lenora, if there's anything you find out, you come right away" She cut me off, giving me a small smile once again and dismissed me without any further words.

My mind immediately went to the incident in the basement, blinking in my spot for a few seconds. I didn't want to know the treatments she had in mind, and I didn't want to be a part of it. I opened my mouth to say something but I closed it right away, realizing that I had nothing to say and could say nothing but, "Yes, Ms. Devlin"