Prologue

Teary eyed, Rowan made her way into the forest. 
She pressed a Puffskein close to her chest. 
This wasn't how she wanted it to happen. 
No, she hadn't wanted it to happen at all. 
But all lies got discovered at some point... 
You can't hide your secrets forever, especially not ones so giant and devastating...
Everybody hated her. 
All her friends thought that she had betrayed them out of free will. 
They thought that she had actually wanted to get them hurt, or even killed... 

But she didn't have a choice. 

No, she hadn't gotten a choice in a while.
She had just wanted to keep her family safe... 
Even if that meant that she had to go behind her friends backs... 
Six years, she had managed to keep her secret, six years she had been living a lie. 
And she had to admit, a little part of her did feel relief, because she didn't need to lie anymore. 

Rowan headed deeper into the forest. 
She just needed a place to hide... 
Someplace where nobody would find her. 
She needed some way to contact her parents, to tell them what had happend... 
Now that she had gotten discovered, she couldn't stay at Hogwarts, 
Her heart ached at the thought of leaving, but again... she didn't have a choice.

Suddenly, while she was still contemplating what to do next, hugging her Puffskein tightly, she  saw a bright red flash coming her way.
And before she could even draw her wand or react at all, her vision faded and everything went black...