Chapter 5: Following Orders

ISEN'S POV

Welp, I just dug my own grave. I followed Crystal yesterday but ended up being caught! Now I can't follow her, or else she'll get suspicious! But I have no choice! Ahhhhhh, this is so freaking frustrating!!

Before going to bed yesterday I searched for Crystal Nightingale on the internet, even searched the darb web, but nothing came up. NOTHING! It's as if she doesn't even exist! What am I going to do now? I can't just come up to Arlo and say 

"Oh hey Arlo, couldn't find anything about Crystal, so if you'll excuse me I'll just be on my way!" 

I'd practically be begging to die if I did that.

Well, the only choice I have now is to follow her! If I don't do anything Arlo would kill me! I can't be dying now, I haven't even done everything on my bucket list yet! Even if I was already caught, I need to try again, I need to find out what she's hiding! Or if she's hiding anything that is. If only I didn't speak my mind before, I wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. Good going Isen!

As I walked into homeroom, I glanced over at Crystal's desk and saw it was empty. I took my seat and decided to wait for her to arrive. A few minutes later, Crystal entered the classroom with John. Hmmm, maybe I can get some information about Crystal from John! They have been hanging out together often, so maybe John knows something about her. I'll just wait a few more days until I question him, maybe he doesn't know much yet.

Crystal and John sat down in their seats, and Elaine turned around to face her. She must be really upset since Crystal didn't tell her what her ability is. But we haven't confirmed if she even has an ability or not. Everything was alright when all of a sudden Elaine started yelling at Crystal. I looked over to them and saw that Elaine was provoking Crystal to tell her ability. John stood up and started glaring at Elaine with so much hatred. Oh no! 

Not long ago I found out about John's background when he was still in New Bostin while researching about him, and let me tell you. He isn't someone you wanna mess with! If he'd snap right now, I can't promise anything. I have to stop this!

I stood up from my seat and started walking over to them. Trying my best to look calm and collective but on the inside, I was FREAKING OUT! Maybe I really didn't look calm, because as soon as I got over there Elaine looked at me with a terrified look. I didn't mean to scare her. Oh, wait...! Did I grow some fear factor from hanging around Arlo?! HAh! I knew something was new, just didn't expect it to be me...!!! My fantasy session was soon interrupted, by a terrifying aura radiating behind me. Shit! Please...it's not...Arlo...!!! 

I slowly turned my head around as I closed my eyes, praying that it wasn't him. Please not be Arlo! Please not be Arlo! Please not be Arlo! And!!... It's Arlo...

I opened my eyes in fear, as I was face to face with Arlo who was looking down at me with pure anger and distaste. I was frozen in shock and unconsciously raised my hands in front of me, ready for an attack. But then I realized we were in homeroom... I just embarrassed myself! Quickly putting my hands down, I let out an embarrassed chuckle as I glanced at John who seemed to be brimming with anger. My eyes widened in shock, I have never seen John act like this before. It frightened me.

I glanced at Crystal from the corner of my eye and saw her watching the scene unfold with a confused look on her face. But at the same time, because of all the fear in the room, she became somewhat scared herself. She didn't know who Arlo was, but Arlo knew who she was. And now he's staring at her from afar, it looked like their eyes met for a moment until Arlo turned around to face the teacher, who looked very upset that he caused a commotion in the middle of her class.

He apologized and asked if he could talk to me for a second. What! Why! Oh no!

The teacher nodded in approval, Arlo then grabbed my arm and started dragging me into the hallways until we arrived at a secluded area. He released my arm and turned around to look at me. He won't kill me, right? I mean he just told me to find some info on Crystal so I might be fine.

"Did you find anything on John yet? Don't tell me you've forgotten our little chat about Johh before, just because this Crystal girl came into the picture."

I was taken aback by his statement as I started sweating like crazy. I thought he would ask about Crystal, but no. He brought up John! Oh no! I can't tell him what I know about John, if I do everything would go bad, and I mean really bad.

He narrowed his eyes down at me, trying to figure out something. I tried my best to not make it seem obvious that I won't tell him anything about John. He stared at me long and hard for a few more minutes before leaving. LEAVING! I can't believe it either, he was just going to leave it there!? Before he was out of view he stopped walking and looked over his shoulder.

"I know you hiding something," he yelled at me "I can let it go this time, but next time I won't be so lenient!"

As I heard those words chills went down my spine, as I let out a deep breath trying to calm down my racing heart. Arlo knew I was hiding something from him. What do I do! What do I do!! Damn, I can't think properly! I walked back to my homeroom, thinking about what would Arlo do to me if I didn't tell him what he wanted to hear. As I walked into homeroom, I could feel everyone's eyes on me, I just laughed awkwardly and walked over to my desk and sat down. I decided, that today the real research will start. I will follow Crystal around, and try my hardest to uncover what she is hiding. Truth be told I too am curious to know who she really is.