57. Just Another Night

Beginne am Anfang

Sam and Dylan sat on the table on either side of Castiel as Sam asked, "So, what? Now you can't taste PB&J?"

"No, I-I taste every molecule."

"Not the sum of its parts, huh?"

"It's overwhelming. It's disgusting." He looked longingly at the sandwich. "I miss you, PB&J."

Castiel stood. "We need to continue your healing. We're almost done." He laid two fingers on Sam's forehead and started healing Sam. A slight look of concern crossed his face.

"What?" Sam and Dylan asked.

"Nothing," Castiel lied, trying to cover it up.

Sam slapped Castiel's hand away. "You're a terrible liar."

"That is not true. I once deceived and betrayed you two and your brother and sister."

"Okay, that's not the point. Cas, what's wrong?"

"I noticed something. It's, uh... It's resonating inside you."

"What?"

"Something angelic."

Dylan frowned. "Okay, uh, what the hell does that mean?"

"Maybe we should call Dean and Natalia."

Sam moved away and sat on a chair. "No. He wanted to go, she chose to go with them and they're gone. We'll handle this."

---

Dean, Natalia and Crowley walked into Crowley's storage locker. Dean removed the hood over Crowley's head. "Is this all really necessary? I mean, I've been inside your brother. We're practically family."

Dean's eyes flashed and he grabbed Crowley and swung him into a shelf. "Listen to me. We are the furthest thing from family. You got that, dickbag?"

"Oh, yeah."

"Now, you want to hunt? Let's hunt." He opened a small gate and walked through.

Crowley started following and realized the entrance was guarded by a Devil's Trap. He rolled his eyes. "I'll be right here." He looked around at the strange items on shelves and in boxes as Dean and Natalia rummaged through case files. "So, what do you call this decor, anyway? Rustic obsessive? Paranoid deco?"

"Here we go," Natalia said, pulling out a file and began to read. "Looks like our dad was working with another hunter when he nabbed Abaddon's pet." She held up a picture of a woman.

"I guess the "T" didn't stand for terrible father. It stood for-"

"Tara. Doesn't ring a bell." Natalia continued reading the file. "All right, looks like they interrogated the demon. Then they exorcised him. But not before he mentioned the First and Second Blade."

Crowley said smugly, "I love it when I'm right."

"Yeah, well, the rest of the file's empty, genius."

"What? Didn't they teach you notetaking at Hunter's Hogwarts?"

"Let's go see if Tara's still kicking," Dean suggested.

---

Sam, Dylan and Castiel were at the table doing research.

"I've found, well, something," Castiel informed. "It's a detail about when angels leave their vessels... I think. It's, uh, Enochian, which can be a bit flowery. "And the departed shall remain, and the remains shall be the departed"."

"Okay, so, when an angel leaves a vessel, they leave behind a piece of themselves," Sam said. "Like, uh... like an angelic fingerprint."

"Whatever you want to call it, this piece of the departed contains grace."