1. A Day in the Life

Start from the beginning

"No, I stared at him like a weirdo and returned to you. Should I have said hello? God, I should've said hello!"

"Hey, Nat, relax. I'm sure you'll have another chance. Okay?"

"Yeah. Come on. If you think there's a case, we should investigate."

"I didn't think you believed me."

"Well, you're certain and your instincts are pretty on point, so I'm willing to roll with ya."

EXT. STREET

A woman screamed in the distance.

Dean got a flashlight and gun from his truck and entered a deserted building, followed by two other people. He found some claw marks and blood.

Dean turned to see who'd been following him. "Nat? Dylan? What the hell are you two doing here?"

"What the hell are you doing hunting?" Natalia asked.

"Habit, I guess."

Dylan shrugged. "I guess you can take the man out of the life but not the life out of the man."

"Yeah, exactly. You two still hunting?"

"Yeah," Natalia answered. "Dyl thinks there's a job. And maybe there is. Maybe we could team up?"

"Nat, I've got Lisa and Ben now."

"I know. But look, just... Let's see what we can find out, okay?"

"Sure. You two got a ride?"

Dylan nodded. "Yeah. We'll follow you."

They followed Dean to his house.

INT. DEAN'S HOUSE

Dean sat at his computer while Dylan and Natalia stood behind.

Dean was on the phone. "And no one's called about a missing person?" ... "No, this would have been today." ... "So no reports of anything around Vineland and Oak Tree, near that hotel renovation?" ... "Uh, call it a hunch." ... "I've been a cop for a long time." ... "Okay, yeah." ... "No, I'll call you tomorrow. You too, man. Bye."

Dean glanced at Dylan. "I think you're right, man. I think there might be something. Maybe. Keep digging."

Lisa stepped in the doorway. "Hey. Who was that? I see your guests are still here."

"Sid. I'm just setting up a poker game. They were about to leave."

"It's 11:30."

"Is it really? Well, that explains why he was asleep when I called. I'll be right up. See you later, officers."

"Okay."

Dylan and Natalia left the house and made their way back to the motel.

EXT. DAY

Dean was in his truck when he saw claw marks on a light pole. He investigated and was startled by a small dog in his garage.

"Dean!" Sid cried. "Is that a gun?"

"No, no," Dean said. "Yeah. Well, it's -- I got a permit for it."

"What, to shoot the Glickmans' dog?"

"I thought that was a possum. Remember when I said I was in pest control? Well, possums carry rabies, so..." he imitated a gunshot.

"I did not know that."

"Oh, yeah. Yeah. Possums -- possums kill, Sid." Something caught his eye. "Oh, crap."

"What's that?"