chapter sixteen

A/N: hi luvs im back!! and really quick i'd like to thank y'all for all the positive and loving comments on my update, every comment motivates me so so much, thank u <3<3

~~~

Ochako burst into the room, mascara dripping, smudged all over her watering eyes. "Y/n! I was so worried! I'm so glad you're okay!" She shouted, and ran towards the startled girl.

Y/n slowly blinked as Ochako squeezed her tight, too tight if you asked her.

She awkwardly laughed and patted her on her back, "T-thank you for your concern.." she tried smiling.

"Of course! I just can't believe you were kidnapped! The idea is just so scary.. I don't know what I'd do if I were in a situation like that.." She finally let go of her.

"Haha..yeah" Y/n wished she had the confidence to kick the girl out of her room, but she couldn't.

She managed to sit through thirty minutes of Ochakos rambling and strange over-the-top-ness. She sighed in relief and plopped back down when she finally left.

And just when she thought she'd get some peace, someone else burst through the doors. Though not as dramatic as her previous guest. "There's the face I wanted to see" Fuyuko said, relief and happiness wrapped into her loving smile. There was no yelling or dramatic crying, just a smile and a tender hug.

Fuyuko smushed Y/n's face and flicked her forehead. "You scared the shit out of me, you know that?"

"I know, I know"

"From now on if I have to escort you to and from school I will, kay?" She said, semi-jokingly.

She playfully rolled her eyes in response, shooing Fuyuko off. She turned her head to look from the window, the fluffy clouds just outside of her reach. She wondered what it'd feel like to float above them in the sky, forgetting about any problems she had and just blissfully floating about.

W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶?̶

"Earth to Y/n..? Hello?" Fuyuko said, waving a hand in front of her face.

Y/n blinked and shook her head to get out of the daze she was in.

Thoughts like this plagued her mind more often than she wanted to believe. Thoughts of wanting to fly, and never coming back down. No matter how much she tried keeping herself from looking over the edge. Her brain just couldn't resist.

She felt as if she had no reason to think like this, sure she's been through some tough things but she's always fought through it all. 

"Sorry, I zoned out I guess.."

"Uh, I noticed? Hey if anything is bothering, or anyone, just let me know, I'll take care if it"

Y/n nodded eagerly, as if to say she was fine, and that nothing was bothering her.

"Well, like I was saying, we gotta' get you out of here, luv. Porcupine finally got your ass to go on a date with him, so hurry up and get better"

She blushed, "It's not a date, first off. Second, the doctors won't just let me leave cuz' I feel like leaving"

"Yeah, yeah, I know, just..mentally. Are you really okay?"

Y/n sighed, she pinched Fuyuko's face, just as she did hers earlier. "I'm okay, promise". The blue haired girl furrowed her brows and chuckled, "Just checking, call me when these assholes let you go"

Fuyuko walked out of the room, Y/n waved goodbye.

~~~

She smoothed out her outfit, the warm colors fit well with the autumn season that was approaching. She smiled at herself in the mirror.