chapter nine

"What?"

"I said, I'm taking you on a date" Fuyuko said over the phone.

She ruffled her messy hair, it was a calm Sunday evening. Y/N planned on staying at home and relaxing. But Fuyuko called with plans of her own.

"But it's Sunday... I just want to sit at home" She complained.

Fuyuko quickly convinced Y/N that it would be a good idea, despite Y/N's various protests.

"I left a bag on your porch, go open it up. I'll send you the address, be there at 7 sharp!" Fuyuko said, then hung up the phone before Y/N could say anything.

She sighed and left the room, going on her porch to grab said bag.

"Mama, is it okay if I go out at 7? Fuyuko is inviting me someplace"

"Sure, but if you're home any later than 10 you're in big trouble, got it?"

"Yes mama" Y/N said, then went to her room.

Inside the bag, was a long dress, a type of fabric that felt like magic in her hands.

It was a spaghetti strap dress, the torso covered in lace, and the skirt long and flowy. It was all a pale gold color. She imagined herself wearing this, the feeling of fabric on her body. But feelings of being self conscious protruded her thoughts, and she hesitated.

She slapped her cheeks and mustered up the courage to put it on. And it was worth it.

She felt like a princess, the way it dangled down her legs, and floated up when she twirled.With the combination of her now-styled hair, and matching shoes, she'd never felt more beautiful.

But the largest concern was getting to the place, walking down the sidewalk in a gown didn't sound very appealing. And it wasn't, on her way there her face blushed red out of utter embarrassment.

It surprisingly wasn't too far away, just a twenty minute walk and she had arrived.

She opened the large and rusty doors, she questioned why she was even following what Fuyuko said to do in the first place. But inside, it was almost surreal. Quartz pillars all over, her heels that clicked on the solid floors, the crystal chandeliers, minimal decoration in just the right way. There was even soft music playing from somewhere in the higher floors. And to top it off, the unaware Katsuki.

He stood in the middle of it all, his calloused hands in his pockets. The tux suited him somehow. He scoffed and waited, grumbling to himself. After noticing her presence, he looked up, he kept an uninterested face, but Y/N caught his gaze and slight shift in mood.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him.

"I could ask the same to you"

She sighed, catching on that it was a set up.

"Fuyuko did this shit on purpose, I'm going home" He said, and started to walk away.

Her hand reached out and grabbed onto his back. He hesitated, then turned around.

There was no plan really, she just knew that she wanted him to stay, not sure what she would say afterwards.

"U-um, since we're already dressed up, do you want to dance? O-or something.." She stuttered out, looking away at the end of the sentence.

He squinted his eyes at her for a few seconds, as if she were the dumbest thing on earth.

"Hell no"

And again, he started to walk away. But Y/N was persistent now. She snatched his hand and pulled him towards the middle of the room.

Before he could open his mouth and fight, she hushed him.

"How come you hate the idea so much? Of dancing I mean." She asked.

He mumbled something incoherently.

"What was that?"

"I said I don't know how to-!" He shouted.

She paused, but giggled at his frustration. She grabbed his hands and positioned them in the right manner. Then gave him a look of confidence.

"Just follow my lead, okay?"

He clicked his tongue, "I don't need your help".

She showed him how to move his feet, and counted as they went along. She grinned when he quickly caught on.

"See? That wasn't so hard, now, just listen to the music, and move however you feel you need to"

He was quiet, almost too quiet. His crimson eyes stared into hers with the same confusing look as usual. She felt her cheeks begin to heat up. The way their bodies swayed perfectly with each others. His touch on her skin. It made her heart beat in a way it never had.

"You're strange, you know? Every time I see you its something new. One day we're in an ice cream shop and you're sobbing your damn eyes out, and the next we're ballroom dancing at seven P.M" He said, rolling his eyes.

She softly chuckled.

"There's never a boring day with you, is there?"

"Same goes to you, Katsuki"

He lifted a brow and couldn't fight the smile that made its way to his face.

She subconsciously laid her head on his chest, the distance between them was already getting smaller and smaller, so she finalized it. Her eyes closed, she listened to the sound of his heart. It was almost as fast as hers, it made her giggle.

Nothing could ruin the moment between the two of them.

"Y/N"

"Yes?" She asked.

His words wouldn't come out, so she reassured him that it was okay to talk to her, so he spoke:

"..I love you" He finally pushed out.

Her eyes went wide as saucers, her dancing immediately stopped. She looked up at him. Her mouth fell slowly open.

"And I have since we were kids, your stupid face and how clumsy you are, or the way you listen to me, I'm in love with you, Y/N"

He leaned down, and their lips were on each others. Her eyes started to close, but faster than it started, she pulled back, and pushed him rather harshly. She took steps back and put her hands to her mouth, she stared at the ground.

"Katsuki, I-"

She looked back up, and felt her heart shatter into a million little pieces. His eyes were squinted in pain and confusion. She'd never seen him so hurt, so heartbroken. She gasped and felt herself reach out to comfort him, but stopped when it hit that she was the reason he was in pain from the start.

"I just...I need to go" She said, and started to walk away, the walking turned to jogging, the jogging turned to running.

Her mind raced faster than she did, questions that she just didn't have answers to, feelings of guilt. So many things that overwhelmed her.

Her shoe got caught in a ledge on the sidewalk, sending her flying forwards straight on the the ground. She hissed in pain, but didn't reach to her scraped knee, too tired to do so.

She bit her lip, attempting to swallow down the lump in her throat. But she failed, and warm tears started to pour down her cheeks. They wouldn't stop, no matter how much she tried.

So, she sat on the sidewalk, with busted up knees and the desperate wish of turning back time, turning back to when things were ever so simple.

~~~

(sorry for taking so long to release chapters, im working on it as much as i can,

i hate this chapter but i hope y'all enjoyed it or something lol)