chapter three

She hummed a song to herself as she brushed her locks into the style she felt like wearing that day.

The wind blew against her bare thighs and shoulders. She had touched up her face, spritzed herself with perfume, and even put on some jewelry.

"Is this too much.." She mumbled to herself, staring at her body in the mirror.

She finally had the courage to ask out Izuku. So she wanted to look extra pretty for the occasion.

"Y/N!! Come and eat!"

"Coming mama!" She said as loud as possible.

She spun happily to the kitchen, her aura bright and bubbly, love raining from her very pores.

"What's got you so excited this morning?" Her mother giggled, and set down a plate of food for the girl.

She did a quick thank you, and dug right in.

"It's nothing, just woke up in a good mood" She said.

Her mother scoffed, and laughed even more, "I can see that" she said. it was obvious that this girl was in love, and her mother was no fool.

"Okay! I'm done!" She said, slipping on her backpack and shoes, then putting her dish in the water.

"In a rush, hm?"

"Yup! I have to get to school to uh...learn even more!"

Her mother playfully rolled her eyes and smiled, plopping a kiss on her cheek, like she does every morning.

"Bye!"

Her mother waved.

On her way to school, she bumped into Katsuki, his face looking as angry as usual.

"What the hell are you so happy for, it's gross." He said.

She lit up even more.

"I'm confessing to Izuku today!"

Katsuki choked, his eyes were wide and he looked at her.

"Are you serious?"

"Hm, very."

He turned back forward, and pursed his lips, opening his mouth to speak, closing it, then repeating the process a dozen times over.

"I'm nervous... what if he says no? Or if he doesn't even like girls..?" Y/N panicked.

Katsuki scoffed.

"Whatever...It doesn't matter what that dork says.." He mumbled.

They walked to class together, chatting endlessly about whatever topic that came to mind. Now, Y/N was acting brave, and since she had paced herself about this, even practiced this for months. But the moment she saw the freckled boy, it was over.

She squirmed and avoided his eyes at all cost, even when he tried speaking to her, she ignored him.

In class, at lunch, she just couldn't bring back the courage from this morning.

"Oi. Y/N. I'm sick and tired of seeing you walk around squealing whenever you see that nerd, just go, confess your love or whatever, it's starting to piss me off." Katsuki said.

She shook her head, Katsuki sighed.

"Just go and confess.." He said, his eyes filled with a strange emotion, was it anger? Y/N never knew.

She took a few breaths, even called Fuyuko on the phone. It took a lot of convincing, but she did it. She pulled a letter out of her bag, and a small baggie of chocolates in heart shapes.

She spotted a head of green hair around the corner.

'There he is!' She thought.

Her heart beat like a machine gun, she could practically hear it thumping through her blazer. Her hands trembled.

Y/N's body kept pushing, she turned the corner, and opened her mouth to finally confess her ongoing love.

But her eyes widened in horror, to see Ochako with her arms wrapped around Izuku's neck, eyes closed, and lips on his.

"Ehh? You like Deku?" Ochako asked.

She nodded.

"Aw! I support the two of you for sure! That'd be so cute~" She said.

"You think so?"

Ochako nodded enthusiasticly.

"I give you my full support!"

That is what Y/N first recalled in that moment, Ochako's words, her lies.

She put a hand over her mouth and gasped, her voice quivering. She dashed back to the lockers, and leaned on one. The cool metal against her warm face. Her lids closed, and cries escaped her mouth.

She was heartbroken.

~~~

(little A/N, i apologize that things are going at a very slow pace, but i promise it gets much more romantic and better!)