chapter eleven

"K-katsuki! H-hi!" She choked out. She held out a broom for him.

He scoffed and walked in, he snatched it from her hands and got to work on the other side of the classroom.

The awkward silence was killing her, she had to say something, anything.

"Kat-" She started.

"No."

"But I didn't even finish!"

He scoffed, "Like I care"

She was starting to get frustrated but calmed herself down.

"uM, I know you're still upset, as you should be, but even if you can't forgive me can you just listen to what I have to say?" Her voice cracked and she immediately cursed in her head for it.

He looked at her and squinted his eyes, as if he was deciding on whether or not to give her a chance.

"Fine, say whatever the hell you want"

She gulped and put down the eraser she had in her hand. She kept a grip on her skirt to keep herself stable.

"I know that I hurt you, and I would try to offer some excuse but I don't have one that can really make up for what I did. You have every right to be mad, no, furious at me. You can even hold a grudge against me but just know that I never meant to cause you pain. You're my best friend, a-and I hate when you're upset with me, so, please forgive me.." She rambled on and on, closer to the end of her apology her voice started to quiver.

She swallowed the lump in her throat and blinked rapidly to fight the tears. Her head was pointed to the ground seeing as she couldn't bring herself to look him in the eye.

"You done?" He asked, just those two words almost breaking her heart.

Her lips pursed and she nodded her head slowly.

The sounds of his shoes got closer and closer, she braced herself for whatever curses he would spit out.

But instead of that, she felt a hand on her face.

She quickly looked up, he had the sleeve of his uniform scrunched in his hand and was wiping her wet eyes. The look on his face was unreadable.

After she blinked a few more times and sniffed a bit, he put his arm down. He clicked his tongue.

"You've always been such a damn crybaby, gross." He said with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Wait so, does this mean you forgive me..?"

"Tch, I guess, but that was a shitty ass apology.."

Her face lit up as she tackled him into a hug.

"Oi-! I said I forgave you but that doesn't mean I'm not mad!! Get the hell off of me!" He shouted.

She continued to hug him until she felt like letting go.

"Thank you Katsuki" She smiled.

She swore she saw him blush, but it was gone in a split second and he was back to his scowl. He was looking the other way, avoiding eye contact.

"Whatever"

She was walking home after cleaning up the classroom. Seeing as it was late autumn, it wasn't too bright outside. A few dark and gloomy clouds were painted on the grey sky, but there wasn't a ray of sunlight anywhere.

Normally she would be walking with Katsuki but he left without her because she was "taking too long".

Walking alone never bothered her, she was never scared because she was strong enough to fight for herself if she needed to. And everyone knew she was a U.A student, so no one would dare attack her. Not exactly fearless, but she wasn't afraid either.

That was until now.

From the second she left the school there was a dark feeling at the bottom of her stomach. She so desperately tried to ignore it but her brain was sending her countless of warnings. She flipped around. No one. So she kept walking.

She picked up her pace and had her guard up, ready to kick someone in the face and hightail it out of there.

But the feeling started to disappear, like they just up and walked away.

She took a deep breath and sighed, "I must be out of it today..jeez-". A hand wrapped around her mouth.

Her eyes grew wide and she went into a panic.

"Hush now, don't resist, I won't hurt you" Their voice was low and looming, it was terrifying because of how...familiar it was.

She let out muffled yelling into the persons hand, to which they snickered at. They slid their hand down to her throat, choking her.

"What..do you want" She barely managed to cough out, scratching at their gloved hand.

"I came here to warn you. You and your little friends aren't going to be around for very long. People are after you three, so watch your back, y/n.."

They released their tight grip on her neck, her knees wobbled as she gasped for air. When she caught her breath and turned around to face the villain, they were no where to be seen.

She ran a hand through her hair, and tried collecting her thoughts. She couldn't figure out who would be after her, was it the league of villains? Some petty little group? While their words were short, and lasted just a few minutes, it felt like an eternity for y/n.

She picked up her phone and pressed a number in her contact list.

"Katsuki, can you come pick me up..?"

~~~