"Ministry?" Elizabeth said. "A little late to the ball game, don't you think?"

Jeremiah went to greet the older of the two. "Walsingham!"

"Correct," the older man responded in a distinguished British accent. "It is good to see you again, Jeremiah. May I introduce one of our new operatives..."

"Ah, Kevin Ellis."

Kevin extended his hand, which Jeremiah shook. "Nice to meet you, Jeremiah. I've heard a lot about you."

Walsingham nodded toward Scott. "And you must be Scott Campbell, the supposed foretold one of vampiric prophecy."

"Aw, gee," Scott replied. "I guess!"

"So, you Ministry boys are here to clean up the mess and take the credit, as usual?" Elizabeth asked.

"Elizabeth," Walsingham said, kissing her hand, "charming as ever."

"Mr. Walsingham, is it?" Jane Klein asked as she stepped forward. "Jane Klein, reporter for the Hibbert's Corner Community News."

"Ah, a mundane? And a reporter at that. Quite inconvenient."

"The truth is never inconvenient."

"Sadly, it is often inconvenient. You didn't by chance happen to take any photographs of this incident, or of any of these other creatures, did you?"

"No, I was kind of preoccupied."

"Even so, we will need to examine your cellular device, and any cameras you may own. You must understand, we have a need for operational security. It is our task to protect the human race from things they don't think exist. Because if they found the truth, entire governments would fall. Religions would be shaken. The entire fabric of civilization could well be ripped asunder. And nobody wants that."

"So, what exactly are you guys doing here?" Dawn asked.

"And you are?"

"Dawn. Dawn Rhinebeck."

"She's with me," Scott said. "Kind of. In a friend sort of way."

"I see. And where is the being that started all this rot? This 'Mayor Knight' fellow?"

"I nailed him."

"You did not just say that," Dawn said.

"Well, it's the truth!"

Bernie, the sasquatch, walked up to Scott and fist-bumped him.

"And I see we have sasquatches here, as well!" Walsingham said.

"Yup!" Bernie responded. "Me and my posse. My crew. My bros."

"So," Scott asked, "what are you guys going to do about all the former wolves who were freed when Knight bought it? There are a lot of those guys up there in the dell, lying around."

"And they're naked!" Dawn squealed.

"Well, we will process them."

"Process them?" Jane Klein asked. "What the hell does that mean?"

"If you must know, the former werewolves will be taken to a government black site, where they will be rehabilitated. Then, after their memories have been purged, they will be assigned new identities and reintegrated into society."