"You killed her?!"

"What!? What?! No! I just..left her on the plane...did you really think I'd kill her!?"

"Oh my god. Sorry." She gives me a sympathetic look. "Why didn't you tell her?"

"She has the perfect life set out for her. I don't want to ruin it."

"Did you even give her a chance? What if she comes back?"

"I won't be here." I say. "You're almost at your due date, so..once the child's born..I'm going to go to San Diego where she won't even think of looking for me and raise them there."

"I trust you Richard. I do, but I thought you were going to do this with Nini."

"I have it planned out. I just need to put everything together."

"Are you going to go school?"

"Yeah..no..I'm not sure. I don't know if that's going to work out, but I'm going to give that baby an amazing life I can assure you."

"I know you will. I just want you to be sure of all of this. You're risking everything."

"I know, and I..don't care Skye. I don't. I just want that baby to be happy."

She gives me a smile.

"Names." She begins, "we don't know the gender so.. we need to have options for both. I may not be in it's life but I want to have some say in its name."

"Fine." I chuckle, "what are you thinking?"

"Well..for a boy, I'd say either Phillip or Blake a-"

"You did not just say Phillip Skye. Absolutely not, I'm not raising a child named Phillip."

"I-..fine. How about Theo?"

I raise a brow.

"Okay I like that. Theo is nice."

"Alright, Theo for boy. What about a girl?"

"I don't know? Elizabeth?"

"Okay Phillip is bad but Elizabeth?! Sounds like a bitch that would bully me in school."

"I haven't been thinking of child names lately." I say with a slight laugh. "Give me a break."

"Look at me Sir. Eh, doesn't matter, I did this to myself. Okay here, um..how about Cleo?"

"No. No. Absolutely not."

"Okay Okay..how about Aphrodite?"

"The goddess? If we're going for goddesses, we should at least go for Athena."

"I-.I like that. I like Athena."

"So Athena?" I ask with a grin.

"Yeah. Athena."

***

"Hey." A voice makes me look up from my phone.

"Hey Neens," I say, getting off of the bed. "I texted them. Most of them already landed so they'll meet us at the park around 2 or so."

"That's great." She dries her hair with a towel. "Well, I feel refreshed."

I smile as I go up to her. I put my hands on her waist and pull her into my body.

"You okay?" She asks me, putting the towel on a chair before putting her arms around my neck. "You've been this cute little mess for quite a bit."

"What? I'm no mess. I'm just happy."

"Oh really? Your curls don't feel the same anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"They just aren't the same. It feels so different."

"Well I haven't done anything different to it."

"I know. It's just you."

I raise a brow, trying to get what she means.

"You aren't the same Ricky. That day changed you, didn't it."

She was right. I did change, but maybe not in the way she thought I did.

"It's not easy seeing you like that Neen."

She rests her forehead on mine, making me eager to kiss her.

"When you told me that you wanted to change for me, I don't know what I did but I did nothing but try. Try to smile, try to talk, try to live. It felt so surreal."

We begin to lightly sway, her hands still around my neck and mine still on her waist.

"Are you going to change for me?" She asks softly.

"I'll do anything for you."

Holy shit, I can't genuinely believe it's summer. Like we all deadass just skipped 3 months of school (except online) and just continued on without much care. Ah, the things 2020 make us do.
Enjoy Your Day or Night!
-CR❤️

Enjoy Your Day or Night!-CR❤️