Chapter 47

It was a few day's later when Selene finally woke up from her slumber. It had been dreamless sleep, one that allowed her to fully rest. She rubbed her eyes to chase away the last of the sleep before she bolted up right, her eyes wide as she remembered what her mother told her and what she did. "Holy shit." Geralt had just walked in and raised an eyebrow. "Holy shit what?" Selene looked over and blinked.
     "Sudden rush of memories. Kind of disorienting." He nodded as he helped her stand. "Do you wish to bathe before we leave?" Selene blinked before she nodded. "Yeah, I could really use one at this point." He chuckled as he laced his fingers with hers. "Good cause you have one already, ready for you to use. I'll be downstairs waiting for you." Selene nodded and he quickly kissed her before he went back downstairs.
     Selene quickly removed her dirty clothes and slowly walked over to the tub that was full of hot water. Climbing in she let out a sigh of relief as she let the hot water warm her cold and stiff limbs. They had to head right out for Kaer Morhen after this. There was no time to waste. The keeper of time wasn't some girl. No she was in fact time itself. She was what the hunt wanted that day.
      While they wanted Ciri who was the lady of space and time she couldn't control time on the level that Selene could. Selene was times heart. Should Selene die and now knowing that there wouldn't be another descendant after her, her death would mean the literal end of the world. A means to nothingness. She could not let that happen, she would not let that happen. Dunking under the water she allowed the water to soak her hair as she quickly scrubbed it clean.
     She quickly resurfaced and climbed out before drying off and once again putting on clean clothes. She would help Ciri take down the hunt, she would live to see another day. And while the war may still be a way off it never hurt to be ready in advance. Grabbing her belongings she quickly headed down the stairs where she saw Geralt talking to Dandelion, Zoltan and Priscilla. "Ah she's awake!" Selene smiled as she walked over.
     "Hello to you too Zoltan, Priscilla, Dandelion." Priscilla and Dandelion gave her a hug while Zoltan shook her hand. "You Two leaving?" "Yes, winter is approaching and we need to get to Kaer Morhen as fast as possible. I don't want us stuck out in the open. Or struggling to find jobs." Dandelion nodded and placed a hand on Selene's shoulder. "Be Safe Selene, come back soon." Selene nodded and bid them a goodbye before following Geralt out of Chameleon and towards their horses.
     He quickly helped her up before climbing up onto Roach. "You ready?" "As ready as I can be, and I promise Geralt, i will explain everything once we are behind the walls of Kaer Morhen." Geralt nodded and the Two quickly took off, they needed to get out of the city, take the back roads. Hell they could even travel past the ruins of Cintra. "We have roughly a month before we reach Kaer Morhen, maybe less. Your mother did us a favor by ditching us here."
    Selene nodded, she wasn't sure what to say to be honest. "I know, I know we need to avoid populated towns and villages, but we can't avoid them all, if we take a straight shot and go through Cintra we can be there in three weeks." Geralt nodded as the two continued riding. Novigrad was now nothing but a speck in the distance and neither one dared to look back. They were finally heading home.