Chapter 5

As the two finally arrived at Lesuna did Selene watch as Geralt dismounted Roach and headed over to one of the merchants. "The jobs done." The one man looked up and smiled a bit, yet to Selene he looked vaguely familiar. "That's wonderful news, means we should be safe to travel out to Rinela." Geralt nodded "yeah, it should be safe enough for you to travel again." That's when the man looked over and his blue eyes widened at the sight of Selene.

    "By the gods." Geralt blinked before frowning confused. "What is it?" "It can't be her." This time he tilted his head. "I'm sorry what?" The man however wasn't listening to Geralt, his eyes locked onto Selene as he approached her. "By the gods it is you." Selene this time tilted her head, confused as to what this man meant, so she quickly dismounted raven. "I'm sorry but do I know you?" The man blinked before he laughed. "Well yes and no. But I know you." This time Geralt looked worried, how did this man know Selene.

     "And how is it you know me?" The man chuckled again. "That's simple, you're the white Witcher, the woman who was tied to a tree. Mind you when we met I was younger." That's when it clicked in Selene's mind. "You're that Beggar who saved my life so I gave you my coin." The man nodded. "Indeed I am, and yet you haven't aged a single day. I must say I am a bit envious of that." Selene rolled her eyes at this. "Trust me, you ain't missing  out on much." Geralt at this point had walked over and stood next to Selene, an arm quickly wrapping itself around her waist.

     "I never got to tell you my name as you vanished that same day." She nodded, she remembered that all too well. "Yes well, I didn't want a repeat or worse." He looked solemn at that. "Yes i understand, my name is Erik, and I know your name is Selene." The woman only nodded "I assume word travels fast." He shrugged before nodding and handed geralt the coin he was owed. "That is true. But there is someone I wish for you to meet." Selene tilted her head again, this time slightly curious as to what the man meant. "Sweetheart, can you come here for a moment?"

    Selene looked over and her eyes widened at the sight of a little girl running over to them. "Yes papa?" Erik knelt down as he placed a hand on his daughter's shoulder. "Do you remember the story I told you about the white Witcher?" "Yes papa, why do you ask?" He motioned to Selene "this is why, I want you to meet Selene of Vesina, the white Witch." The little girl's blue eyes widened as she stared at the woman in front of her. "Really?" Selene nodded to confirm what the man said was true.

    "Aye, And she goes by many names. The white rose, the white witch, the white Witcher, the slayer of a bruxa. And I'm sure many more at this point." The little girl's eyes widened even more as she was shocked by how simple yet beautiful Selene was. "But papa, how she doesn't look that old and you said that was many years ago." Selene laughed this time. "How right you are. It was a very long time ago, but I don't age, most Witcher's don't and those who do take longer to show. However, what's your name little one?" The little girl grinned before she spoke. "My name is Serana."

     Selene smiled softly as she knelt down. "What a wonderful name. Tell me Serana, What else has your papa told you about me?" The two men watched this time. Geralt with a tender look, one akin to love, while Erik was amazed at how gentle Selene still was. "Just that you were really amazing, and even though those mean people hurt you, you never once retaliated." Selene nodded as she once again smiled. "Just because someone's done something wrong to you, doesn't mean you should always retaliate. One person's mistakes shouldn't be everyone's." And with that Selene stood and looked at Geralt.

   "But other times there is no choice but to retaliate." Geralt finished as he kept eye contact with Selene. "What does that mean?" Geralt looked at the child and frowned a bit, he wasn't sure how to put this gently. "Sometimes....sometimes you have to draw the line, turn your back on people if it means keeping one of your own safe, if it means protecting your family." Serana blinked. "And Selene, is she your family?" Geralt laughed at this. "In a way yes, but she's not my sister, she's my lover to put it simply."

    Serana blinked before she smiled widely. "So do you have siblings Selene?" A single eyebrow raised before she decided on how she would give this little one an answer. "Biologically no. But I have three self appointed brothers, two of them are like myself and Geralt over here, and one of them is a bard. I also have someone I see as a father, and he once again is like Geralt and myself." Serana's blue eyes were so wide at this point Selene worried if the child would be okay.

    "That's so cool. Papa said I'm an only child, but that's only cause Mama didn't want to have another baby." Selene's eyebrow rose as she looked at Erik who looked embarrassed. "Serana..." "what?" The two Witcher's laughed as Erik sighed. "Nothing my dear, why don't you go pack your stuff so we can get ready to go." The little girl nodded her brown, hair bouncing up and down in gentle waves. "Okay, it was nice meeting you miss Selene." And with that she ran off. "Cute kid." Erik laughed. "Yes, She's my entire world since my wife can't afford to have another." Selene nodded, she knew what he meant without further explanation.

    "Well, it was nice to see you Erik, glad that i was able to help you all those years ago." Erik nodded "that reminds me. 300 coin was it not?" "I believe so why?" Erik simply smiled before he placed a pouch into Selene's empty hand. "3000 coins returned to You." Selene's silver eyes widened as did Geralt's golden ones. "But that's more than I even have you. And I never said I wanted it back." He held up his hand stopping her. "Consider it Interest if you must. But I always had every intention of paying you back, and trust me I don't need it. I've saved quite a bit on my travels." Selene wanted to protest but realized that it would be pointless so with a sigh she put it in her bag. "You have my thanks but before we part ways I have a question for you."