Chapter 38

As Selene and Geralt headed towards the boards of Toussaint, Geralt looked over and saw true fear in her silver eyes. The Hunt appeared out of no where, and they had no idea why. "I'm sorry we couldn't look around some more." Selene sighed as she placed a hand on Ravens neck. "It's fine, there's always next time. But after that attack we can't risk them coming back." Geralt nodded in agreement. He still had no idea who they were after.
"Could they have been looking for Ciri?" Selene was silent for a moment before she spoke. "It's possible. She is a child of elderblood." "That's true, but that doesn't explain why they attacked Iorveth's group. "Perhaps they thought she was being hidden there?" Geralt didn't know how to respond to that so he went silent. Selene however was now lost in thought, the voices had been yelling at her. Telling her she needed to go home. But why?
With the Wild Hunt.

Eredin was angry, they were so close, so close to the keeper of time. "We almost had her! Where the fuck did that magic come from!?" Ga'el's looked at Eredin and frowned. "We are unsure. It didn't seem to come from the girl, I didn't even see her." Eredin looked at Ga'el's and snarled. "Not zariel you fool!"
Ga'els blinked confused. "Then I'm afraid Eredin I have no idea what you mean. No one else was there with Elder blood, only two Witcher's and a bunch of Scoia'tael." Eredin growled as he punched the wall. "We will find her. I felt her power." Ga'els only sighed as he left the room. Perhaps Eredin was mistaken. Unless it was, no it couldn't have been. Shaking his head he went back to Tir na Lia.
Meanwhile with Meya.
She had followed her daughter and Geralt to the camp of the Scoia'tael, she figured Selene would be safe there while hidden behind the barrier she had placed. And how wrong she was. The Hunt had broken through, they were now tracking down any and all carriers of the elder blood. She heard the command to grab the girl. And she instantly retaliated. Sending out a blast of power she forced the Wild Hunt to retreat.
She saw Iorveth hand over the book he had been holding for Selene and she wondered how he knew. Unless he knew that Selene collected rare and ancient items. Or perhaps he had a raven following her. He was always finding ways to protect the young woman. Meya truly believed that what she did was the best for Selene. Nothing would change her mind either. However she was surprised that Selene had told Iorvath to go to Vesina.
While the ruins wouldn't be attacked ever again, why would she tell them to go there? Shaking her head she decided it was high time she found her daughter. It was time to head to Vesina. After all she had the final book, she knew it would lead her daughter right too her. A daughter who almost died. Shaking her head she soon opened a portal and vanished.
Back with Selene and Geralt.
The two were now closer to the boarders where Geralt had Selene pull up her hood to hide her face. He didn't want to draw attention to them, and he certainly didn't feel like another attack from the wild hunt. Yet he was worried, where did that magic come from? How did the hunt find them? Realizing he had more questions then answers did he let out an aggravated sigh. "Geralt?" "I cant figure it out." She looked at him confused. "I can't figure out where that magic came from, I mean for fucks sakes there was a barrier up, so how did the hunt get through? How did the hunt find us? Where did that magic come from?"
Selene blinked. She had felt the barrier as well and sighed. "They have navigators Geralt. That's probably how they got though, how they found us I don't know. They probably thought Ciri was with us. As for that magic... the sooner we find my mother the faster I can get that answer." He blinked. "You think Meya was there?" "She probably was. But that's just me assuming right now. So the faster we find her, the faster we get the answer." Geralt nodded as they continued to travel.
"As much as I hate portals, one would be Fucking useful right now." She snorted. "For who you or my stomach?" He blinked as she said that. "Oh right, I forgot they actually do make you sick." Selene rolled her eyes and soon raven was stopping as she blinked making sure she wasn't seeing shit. "Please tell me you see that." Geralt looked to where she was pointing and groaned. Not even 20 yards from them the bridge was out and a portal was clearly waiting for them. "No choice now huh." She Shot him a dirty look before taking a deep breath and urged raven to run through Geralt and Roach right behind her.