Chapter 14

As Selene made her way to the herbalist's hut she looked around and noticed all types of herbs and even a few she didn't recognize right away before she shook her head and continued to walk. As she got closer she could hear moans coming from inside the hut and another woman speaking softly as she tried to calm down the one who was obviously in pain.

   Taking a deep breath Selene opened the door and walked inside. "Are you Tomira?" The woman turned and raised an eyebrow at the sound of another voice. "I am, if you're here about restoring your eye site I'm afraid I can't help you." Selene's eyes narrowed and she grabbed the woman yanking her towards her. "Do I look blind to you?"

   Tomira's brown eyes widened before she shook her head. Selene rolled her eyes and let go of her before she pulled out her medallion. "I'm a Witcher from the school of the wolf." Tomira's eyes widened before she flinched. "My apologies Lady Witcher I didn't know." "I am highly aware of that. Now what happened to this one?" "She was attacked by the griffin."

   Selene raised an eyebrow before she spoke. "That close to the village?" "No, she was found in the forest, lucky to be alive, she was apparently going to meet a boy." Selene forced herself to not roll her eyes as she listened to what was just said. "Right, any chance of her recovering?" "I'm afraid not, the medicine I'm giving her is just merely keeping the pain at bay."

   Selene raised an eyebrow before she shook her head at the unspoken question. "No, Witcher potions are dangerous, it could kill her." "Would it be a painless death?" "No, it'll destroy her from the inside out. And even if it doesn't kill her there's no telling what side effects she'll suffer with." Tomira frowned as she listened. "So what should I do?" "Give her the milk of the poppy, in a large dose, let her pass in her sleep. The most merciful death you could give her."

   Tomira sighed "should you change your mind..." "I doubt I will, but I'll be on my way now." And before Tomira could speak again Selene was walking out of the hut a scowl on her face as she realized the herbalist was useless. Looking up to the sky she narrowed her eyes before she saw a steady flow of smoke coming from the northern part of the forest. "Hm, he must have found something. Might as well catch up." And with that Selene climbed onto ravens back and headed in the direction of the smoke.

    It took her a few hours since she hadn't anticipated Geralt being farther than her previous location so when she finally caught up she was clearly aggravated. She quickly dismounted raven and climbed up to where Geralt was standing. "That took a bit." Yet the sharp glare she gave him quickly shut him up. "You're in a wonderful mood."

   "I had to deal with that blasted herbalist." Geralt raised an eyebrow as he waited for her to continue. "She wanted a Witcher's potion for an injured woman, I refused. But before any of that the damn cunt assumed I was there for my eye site so I gripped her up by her arm and snapped." He winced knowing exactly how much Selene hated when people assumed she was blind. "Shit, but that injured woman, will she recover?" "No, she was a victim of the griffin, so i told her to give her milk of the poppy in a large dose."

    He nodded before he spoke. "To let her slip quietly in her sleep." "Exactly, But what did you find?" "I found the nest, royal griffin, Nilfgaurdians killed the female and destroyed her eggs, so the one who is killing is the male." Selene nodded as she crossed her arms. "We have to kill it." "We do, if left alone it'll only continue to cause havoc." Selene looked at Geralt and sighed. "I hope you have a plan." "I do, and you're either gonna like it or absolutely hate it."