Chapter 45

Selene's eyes widened at this. "No...the original goddess her name was Tilana." "That is correct. But her bloodline died out. It happened the year you were born. The final one had given her life in haste to make sure no one could ever possess her or her powers and she died. Having no descendants that power was slowly vanishing. And then you were born, not even moments after. I could feel the power surging beneath your skin, deep within your blood."
     Selene trembled. "Those whispers, those are past keepers. They were urging you home. They were protecting you." Selene was silent. "You can not tell Geralt. You can not tell him till you are somewhere safe away from the hunt." Selene weakly nodded. "I know I hurt you. I am so sorry Selene. I should have done a better job. But I did what I could. I have no right to ask you for forgiveness. Nor do I expect it. But I need you safe, the hunt must be destroyed, it must be stopped and they must never get you nor Ciri."
      Selene only nodded. "How?" "How what Selene?" "How would it continue? I can't have children." Meya looked to the sky. "You have no need to fear this. Death does not wait for you Selene. You are and will be the last of the keeper of time." Selene stared at her and slowly nodded. "Now, remember Ciri can have kids." Selene nodded at this once again.
    "I will send you and Geralt as close to Kaer Morhen as I can which will be just outside of Novigrad. Now we must be quick, undo the spell. Let go of all that anger and let it loose." Selene took a deep breath the words coming to her as she closed her eyes. Yet it went a step further. "Ivene Lv'ain. Resta avera a'rija ke'sto!" Aries rebuild, restore awaken and move once more!
     Meya's eyes widened as her spells were undone but what shocked her further was the way Vesina was no longer a pile of ruins. No now it was once again a living breathing town. Statues were coming to life and the ice was melting. Catching Selene she held her close. "My sweet Selene, it's time to go." She handed Selene to Geralt who was seriously confused. What the fuck happened? However he held Selene and looked around as Meya opened a portal. "You're going to Novigrad. You must be quick. It's not time for answers. Your horses will be waiting for you."
     And with that she opened a portal and looked at her daughter one last time. "I forgive you, mother." And with that the two walked through the portal leaving Meya standing there in shock. A sense of relief flooded her senses before she closed the portal behind her. "Thank you, my daughter." And with that she went to work on helping those who were now waking up from a 100 year slumber. She could only hope this wouldn't have negative side effects in the very end.