Act 65: I love you

Blossom Forest, Eanor, 37 ABY

The red dust and heavy mist were fainting away. The lights of the torches flickered as Rey remained outside of the healing chamber where Ben was brought. Her eyes were filled with tears and weariness; close to her remained Poe and Chewie. Their wounds were treated, and although they were weary, they couldn't rest until they would make sure that Ben was alive. He was severely injured; that battle almost cost him his life.

Inside the small chamber, there was a stone bed, a fireplace, and a wooden window. On the stone bed laid Ben. The maiden had brought warm water and bandages; the healer had ripped the fabric close to his wounds. His vision was blurry, but he could hear the maiden and the healer. He could not answer; the pain was too much to bear. The healer tried his best to sow the large wounds on his back and front. The maidens cleaned the blood, over and over again.

Rey remained facing the door, speechless ignoring everyone. She was trying to connect with Ben through the Force, as she needed to make sure that he was alright. She wanted to heal him earlier, but Ben declined with all his being. 'Stupid Solo' She could not afford to lose him now. Not now that she had so much to figure out, he was important, too important to her.

After an hour, the healer stepped out of the room. "We treated his wounds; he had lost a lot of blood. He needs to rest," he told them and took his leave, allowing Rey, Poe, and Chewie to enter the small room.

His dirty and ripped clothes were dropped on the ground in a pile. His skin and hair were clean. Bandages were wrapped around his chest and his back. His skin, was pale and cold. A few more cuts and bruises were noticeable. A white silk sheet was covering his lower parts, underneath he remained naked. Rey worried, walked over, and sat next to him; her finger softly ran against his dark hair, brushing a few strands away from his face.

Poe leaned against the door, puzzled. Every single motion of Rey revealed that she was worried about Ben. Yet, the way she was touching him, more gentle ... sweeter. It seemed different, emitting a scent of awkwardness in the air. The way the Jedi perceived around him reminded him of someone who was deeply in love.

"You must rest! And eat!" the pilot suggested as he stared at her. Rey was injured and tired as well. "There is nothing else we can do here."

"Please, Poe, go rest! I'll stay!" Rey replied, but her focus never left Ben's side. She was leaning above him, softly touching Ben, making sure he was breathing. She needed to be there and make sure he would remain alive.

Poe sighed because now he understood that Rey's feelings about Ben were severe, and the irony was Poe wasn't sure if she had even figured out that she was in love with Ben. "All is well, Rey! Stay with him, since you wish! Yet, we have to talk, buddy!" he said. "Chewie, Let's go rest; let them be!" Poe added, and the Wookiee roared as he cast a glance toward Ben troubled.

"I know, buddy, he will be fine!" Poe tried to assure Chewie, but he feared that Ben's injuries were crucial. 'Damn, Solo.' Since the day Ben saved him in Jakku, he was reckless. He jumped into any danger without a second thought, and Ben would save others with his own life. Only like that, he would risk everything, a brave fool. But Poe grasped his feelings; his need to redeem himself would be his downfall. And honestly, if you asked Poe a year ago, he didn't care. But now Ben was one of his buddies, like Finn, Rey, and Chewie. He was part of his family.

Rey sat with unseeing eyes for a while, as if walking in a distant memory or listening to sounds in the night far away. She caressed her thin fingers across his forehead, down to his cheek to clean his tears. The fire was burning, and the rapid combustion of the wood freed a familiar scent that was blended with the odor of blood. Surprised, but not much relieved, she witnessed Ben finally opening his eyes.