Act 45: Force-Ghosts' Chatters

Yoda sat in meditation style, cross-legged. He wasn't paying attention to the surroundings but to some strange waves in the force that he had come to investigate. Yoda sensed that those waves were quite odd. A new way of the Force. He thought as he caught the evidence of their passing, now and again, and then vanishing. Strange, it is, this happening. Until now, no one of the Force-Ghosts had commented to him about it, and sensing it was something that Yoda only excelled. And perhaps, Anakin for time to time.

"Pain, suffering, torment, I feel. Young Solo is in pain. Terrible pain." Yoda suddenly said as he opened his eyes. The waves were gone, and he focused once more on what Anakin was observing. Ben Solo.

"Don't act so surprised, Yoda," Anakin responded. "The past he created beat him. It is useless to resist. He has many battles to give and too much to pay back, not to be destroyed, and maybe while doing that, he will one day... redeem himself."

"Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is," Yoda continued, "For Ben Solo harder to answer."

"How has Ben been able to pull that off?" Leia wondered, "A life lived with all that torment as he was part of the Dark Side, and now even if he turned, he faces more suffering."

"His thoughts betrayed him," Luke said as he appeared next to Leia, "I should have known the good in Ben, the conflict."

"Oh, Luke, it's not like that at all." Leia interrupted him, "I thought the same that we had lost Ben to the Dark Side."

"Hard to see, the dark side is." Yoda added as he turned and faced Luka and Leia, "We must investigate further before concluding the identity, have I always said."

"This will be a day-long remembered." Anakin said, "Maybe not from us but from them."

"Young Rey is trouble as well," Yoda noted, "I feel that I can!"

"Rey's greatest fear. That these people she had come to care for so much would be disappointed in her. Maybe even hurt by her." Luke informed them. He recalled Rey's reaction since the day he met her, always trying to help her friends, always fearing the darkness inside her. "She has been alone for so long; she can't bear the thought of losing any of them."

"So has Ben," Anakin told them as he focused on watching his grandson from afar. He would time to time be around Ben, watch him, and worry. "And he still is all alone."

"Family spying on the young ones, " Yoda jerked his head to gaze at Anakin " How embarrassing. How embarrassing."

Hearing Yoda's words, one would think that Anakin would be affected by those and ashamed. But there were no more lines or actions in this world that could cause Anakin Skywalker to feel embarrassed because the chosen one walked through the night wishing for the sun and only gave in to the night never touching the sun.

"Leia's son should be the one embarrassed at the moment," Anakin voiced as he had just watched Rey slapping young Solo as he kissed the girl. "He has still so much to learn," Anakin shook his head in disbelief.

"Oh, now he is my son," Leia snapped at him. "A minute ago, he was your precious grandson."

"A minute ago, he was acting more like a Skywalker than a Solo." Anakin outlined, "And I hate to admit it to you, but he is more a Solo than a Skywalker."

"The Order had forbidden emotional attachments," came a voice, and Obi-Wan Kenobi suddenly appeared "warning that they left a Jedi vulnerable to the lures of the dark side." He sighed and started Anakin, "And from saving the Jedi from embarrassing moments like those. But Luke disagreed."

"Anakin was lost to the light," Luke corrected Obi-Wan. "We know that now because he is here with us."

"It was a love curdled into jealousy and possessiveness that had led your father, Anakin Skywalker, into darkness and despair," Obi-Wan clarified. "He managed to come back to the light and become a Force-Ghost, but that didn't change. He had failed. He was supposed to be the chosen one."

Luke insisted that: "The very emotional entanglements that had led Anakin to become Darth Vader did also draw him back."

"Oh, entanglements such as the stubborn love between a father and son, each of whom had thought the other lost," Leia added, looking warmly at both of them.

"Right Luke had been," Yoda admitted as he stood from his cross-legs position and walked closer to them. "Ignoring his teachers had saved him, the Alliance, and the galaxy... he has."

"Attachment was forbidden. Possession was forbidden." Anakin remembered as his gaze was lost into the distance space, "Compassion, which is defined as unconditional love, was essential to a Jedi's life. So you might say that we were encouraged to love."

"Young Skywalker right he was," Yoda said. "He questioned those old beliefs from the Jedi Order that he had. And allowed them."

"Now we have the rise of a new Era," Anakin suddenly interrupted, "and with it the rise of a new and old darkness."

"And for that," Yoda agreed, "Prepared with must be."

Upcoming Chapter: Act Forty-Six - Six

Okay, guys, that's all. I hope you enjoyed reading the 45th chapter.

Thank you all so much! Stay awesome! Stay sweet!

And be nice to each other, see you soon, in the next chapter!

Feel free to Review and Follow the story!

Feedback is always appreciated!