Act 37: All things gone right

Ajan Kloss, 36 ABY

Something tickled at his awareness, and he turned to stare out at the windows; he was trying to wear the belt around him, but the damn thing was not cooperating. However, it was not the belts or the blaster's fault, but the early scene between him and Rey inside the showers.

How could someone easily erase such a memory?

"What was that all about?" came a voice steady and strong, almost feeling the small room where Ben was staying.

He came closer, and he flinched but refused to give ground. "You come and go as you please," was his answer, monotonic without color.

"I'm trying!" he said, smirking, "Would you prefer someone shorter than me... Maybe with fewer clothes..."

He peered at him, eyes dark in his pale face, and he realized he could see him. "Are you spying always?" Ben asked, with the tone of his voice irritated. He felt as if he was ten again, and he could not have his privacy.

"I swear to you, I didn't see..." he said, amused "...not as much as you have seen. See? No problem?"

"You think so?" he glared at him. "Your timing is off; you appear when you are less wanted."

"From my point of view, I showed up the right time," he responded, gazing back at him, and he found eyes full of hurt and pain. "You're still holding on to the past, aren't you?"

Ben took a few steps closer to him; this time, his words were harsher than before. "Why do you believe I would let the past die? Then you should have shown up when I was still Kylo Ren!"

"You're right..." he said with the same smirk on his face, "I should have come, and I should have told you: Kill the past! Isn't that what Kylo Ren wanted to hear from Darth Vader? I'm sorry, but he wasn't around..."

"What do you want, Grandfather?" Ben asked him. Finally, there was no more anger in his voice, only misery.

Anakin's Force-Ghost faced Ban as he sighed, "The mission you're about to take..."

"Yavin 4?" Ben questioned, "We are seeking Palpatine's secret temple...any idea where we can find that?"

Anakin jerked his head but didn't answer; Force-Ghosts couldn't interfere with the living. "My powers are limited to give you such information, but there is something I need you to know."

Ben paused and waited to listen to what Anakin had to tell him. This time he seemed worried and more serious than usual. "You agree with the General that there is something more out there?" he asked.

Anakin nodded. "Maybe something worse than Palpatine. You and Rey will need to craft stronger lightsabers, with everlasting crystals."

Ben believed him. Even if his grandfather never showed up when Ben begged him, he was right; after Kylo Ren was turned, Anakin would appear in the most critical moments. "Worse," said Ben, now more alert than before. "It takes years for someone to create their lightsaber. We don't even have crystals, and I threw my lightsaber away."

"You will need them eventually, Ben," Anakin said and slowly started to fade away, leaving behind a distraught Ben.

Her boots' tapping revealed her presence, as she walked towards him, her steps steady but slow. She avoided his gaze; she was feeling awkward after what had happened this morning. She asked herself why she showed up in his room. And the question came at once because he was important. Because he was her friend. The only person who knew her, as no one did. And the dyad connected them in so many ways.