십삼 (13)

Aron finds himself rushing to the hospital in the middle of the night. He just got off duty when he received a call from Seungcheol telling him to come to the hospital as soon as possible. He didn't even gave Aron a chance to ask why and hang up the call. Almost immediately, a million things started running in Aron's mind.

He got on his car and drove like a mad man, he didn't know if he broke any law and he didn't care. As soon as he arrived at the hospital, he rushed in and went straight to the nurses' station, but before he could speak a work, a voice called him over and he turns around to see Eunwoo standing there, hands inside his pockets and a smile on his face.

"Officer Cha, what are you still doing here?" Aron asked the moment he stood in front of the officer.

"Sir Choi asked me to stay and guard the victims." Eunwoo answered, still smiling.

Aron noticed and raised an eyebrow at that, "What the hell are you smiling at?"

That only caused Eunwoo's smile to widen, he shakes his head and turns to leave. He started walk away, leaving Aron confused. Eunwoo stops a few meters from him and turns around, "Are you coming or what?"

Aron stared at the man for a moment, trying to figure what the hell was going on. Something didn't feel right and Eunwoo smiling like that was certainly not helping.

With a huff, Aron started following behind Eunwoo who started walking again. As they walk through multiple hallways, Aron's mind is trying to form a sensible explanation for what is happening. His superior has called him over, but what if its just a prank that Eunwoo pulled? But then again, what if the call was serious and Eunwoo is just messing with his mind.

Aron is so confused and its all because of Eunwoo and that stupid smile of his. Aron contemplated finding his superior on his own or continue following Eunwoo. Aron was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't notice Eunwoo has stop walking until he collided with Eunwoo's back.

Annoyed, Aron stepped away and glared at the other officer. Eunwoo's laugh echoed in the hall, making some of the passerbys look their way. Some smiling and some giving them a side-eye.

"Yah stop it already. I need to talk to Seungcheol. He called me over for something important. Now where is he?" Aron crossed his arms over his chest with an unamused look on his face. He hates that Eunwoo was enjoying making fun of him.

Eunwoo stops laughing a moment later but there's still a big smile on his face. "Indeed he called and asked me to pick you up. But this is where I stop for this is my current station. You will have to continue on your own."

Aron only rolled his eyes, "Fine. Just tell me where to go. So I can finally get away from you and your crazy ass."

That earned a laugh from Eunwoo, shaking his head slightly, "Okay, okay. Just continue heading east then turn left on the third corner. From there, continue walking until you find another nurses' station. Chief will be there waiting for you. Good Luck!"

Aron only rolled his eyes at the man and left, he continues down the hallway, grumbling under his breath of how much Eunwoo was the most annoying officer he has met. Actually, he finds most of his team members annoying. But Aron loves his job no less, annoying team mates and all.

Following the instructions, Aron continue to walk down the hallway until he reached the third corner and made a left, from then on he continued walking some more until he finally came upon the nurses station and like earlier, he was about to approach and ask a nurse when another voice called his name. He turns around and saw Seungcheol.

He immediately went to his superior and did a salute first, "Sir, You called me over. Did you need anything?"

And just like Eunwoo, Seungcheol just turns around and started walking down a different hallway. He didn't have a smile on his face leaving Aron unsure of what to do next until he decided and started quietly following behind Seungcheol. They walk further down the hallway and Aron could only wonder where he was being lead to. The anticipation was killing him.