팔 (8)

"Status report."

Seungcheol entered the meeting room and went straight to the head chair. The officers rushed back and forth, and in and out of the room. Phones ringing from left to right and papers flying everywhere. Everyone and everything is in frantic.

Baekho noticed the arrival of his superior first and scrambled to do a salute before fumbling with the folders in his hands. The officer next to him, Minhyun, only rolled his eyes and decided to take over before his friend make a complete fool of himself.

"At exactly 4 pm this afternoon. A black van has been spotted lurking around a school property. CCTV footages soon showed three armed men entering the building. One disguised themselves as a janitor." Minhyun gestured to the big flat screen mounted on the wall and several CCTV footages began to play.

"Has anyone run the plates on the van." Seungcheol asked watching the video intently.

"Affirmative sir. The plates are fake. Which lead us to a conclusion that the vehicle is stolen. Running diagnostics for missing cars reported in the area." One computer tech, Lisa, answered without looking up from her laptop.

"How about facial recognition?" Seungcheol could feel himself start to lose patience. It may just be his temper but it could be something else. Something about the case was making him feel unsettled.

Lisa finally looked up from her laptop, blowing on her gum before making it pop, "facial recognition is a no go. The men are wearing masks. But I can however use the serial no.s on their guns to trace their identities."

"Really? You can do that?" Baekho asked in aww. The female com tech only snorted and shakes her head.

Aron chuckled next to him. "She's a black hat. She can do anything."

"Was there anyone else in the building during the break in?" Seungcheol asked as a sinking feeling came over him.

Minhyun types something on own his laptop and seconds later a picture appeared on the screen. And Seungcheol felt the color drained out of his face and his heart racing when he recognized the person in the picture.

"His name is Yoon Jeonghan. 25 years old. He works at the preschool as a teacher. He also has a sideline working as an online accountant. Graduated top of his class and now lives in an apartment complex in Seoul. No Criminal records either." Lisa finished reading the brief profile she gathered from the city database.

"What happened to him?" Aron asked, staring at Jeonghan's picture. He has never seen someone so beautiful.

Lisa glanced at her superior for permission to continue but Seungcheol only ignored her. The man was still in disbelief and shortly after has fallen into shock. His mind clouded with worry and panic as he continues to stare at Jeonghan's picture on the screen.

The officers shared worried looks with each other. It's not everyday that they see their superior react like this. Which lead them to assume that the case Hit a personal spot in their superior.

Vernon, being the second in command, gave the com tech the permission to continue. She warily glanced at where her superior quietly sat before letting out a sigh. She continues,

"Based on the school CCTV's. Teacher Yoon was last seen walking down the hallway toward the building exit. Shortly after that the disguised janitor was seen following after him. They were about to make a turn to the last hall that leads straight to the exit when the disguised janitor hilariously tripped on his own foot and caught their attention."

Lisa gestures to the screen where a new footage is being played. They could see Jeonghan walking down the hallway but he was not alone.

"Who's that with him?" Baekho asked and Vernon glued his eyes on the screen. A sinking feeling coming over him.