Assuring

Continues from previous chapter.....

Later that evening...

Davina's pov

Me and Hayley were tired so we're heading to bed after helping Elijah and Kol with washing up. Helping with clean up was the least we could do after they welcomed us into their home and they've so far been very kind to us which is surprising because from all the talk I heard about them from the witches, left me a little nervous to find out how they would react to me and Hayley. I know I already know Kol as I slept with him but I didn't know he was an original vampire when we met.

.

I sit on the window ledge looking out into the night sky, staring at the stars. I like to look at the stars before I go to bed, I don't know why but they help me relax and sleep better.

Someone suddenly knocks on the door so I turn my head "come in" I say the door opens and Kol enters. "Hey" he says flashing a smile "oh hi" I reply with a nervous smile as he shuts the door behind him before walking over to me. "Mind if I sit with you?" he asks gesturing to the spot next to me "of course" I respond moving my legs so he can sit down.

"So what's up?"  I ask "we haven't had the chance to talk alone and I think it's important that we do because you're pregnant with my child" he responds "I completely agree" I respond "good. I just want to start off by saying I'm sorry for bringing you into this mess" he says making me frown. "You mean being kidnapped by witches and used as bait to lure you and your brother here?" I ask he nods "yeah, if we hadn't met you wouldn't be in this position right now" he says making me instantly shake my head. "Don't say that. Look I know the situation sucks right now but it doesn't make me regret meeting you" I say taking him by surprise.

"Really?" he asks "yeah, for one we had some really good sex" I say making him smirk "yeah, we did" he replies nodding his head "two I'm pregnant something that should've been impossible for me" I say making him frown. "What do you mean?" he asks making me sigh "when I was 14, I was told by multiple doctors that I couldn't have kids" I explain "well either all those doctors were wrong or I just have super sperm" he replies making me snort and gently shove him making him chuckle "yeah so believe it or not this is the best thing to ever happen to me" I respond placing a hand on my stomach.

He smiles "I wasn't expecting that" he replies scratching the back of his neck "so how do you feel about becoming a mother?" he asks making me suck in a breath. "Scared" I respond "why are you scared?" he asks "me and Hayley didn't have very good parent role models. Our birth parents supposedly abandoned us and our adoptive parents weren't always around because of work and they kicked us out when Hayley triggered her werewolf curse so I don't really know how to be a mother and I'm scared that I'll be a terrible mother Kol" I explain he places one of his hands over mine.

"I understand. I didn't have very good parents either and I really don't know anything about being a good father because hell my father was a raging lunatic and I don't want to be that for my child" he replies making me smile as I look down at my lap. "Look at me" he says making me look up "what?" I respond "I want you to know, I'm not going anywhere Davina, I'm gonna take care of you both" he replies making me smile and butterflies erupt in my stomach. "Thank you" I respond before looking out the window.

"What are you looking at?" he asks "the stars, I always like to look at the stars before I go to bed. I know it sounds silly but it helps me relax and I sleep better" I respond "no it's not silly. I grew up in a time where some people basically slept under the stars. I use to like looking at the stars at night too. I haven't done it as much since I became a vampire" he replies "why?" I ask looking at him but he just shrugs. "I just haven't" he replies looking back at me with a small smile on his face.

"Well I best leave you to it. I'll see you tomorrow" he says standing up "okay, night" I respond standing up after him. "Good night" he replies turning to leave but I grab his hand "wait" I say making him turn back "what?" he asks but I say nothing as I pull him into a hug "thank you" I whisper in his ear as he wraps his arms around me, returning the hug. "For what?" he asks as he pulls back "for making me feel better and not flipping out on me like Klaus did to Hayley" I respond "I may be a dick at times and while it seemed impossible at first and I did of course have doubts but I chose to listen and be calm because I didn't want to scare you as that's the last thing I want to do" he responds making me smile "well thank you" I respond "you're welcome" he replies looking into my eyes making everything suddenly become intense so I clear my throat and look away. "Well I'm tired so I'm gonna hit the hay" I respond faking a yawn as I walk over to the bed "alright, good night darling" he replies before vamp speeding out of the room leaving me alone and I crash onto the bed with a huff leaving my lips. This is gonna be an interesting couple of months.

End of chapter

Kol and Davina finally talked and they opened up a bit to each other which is good. They're getting along fine. Things will heat up and get more intense between the two. What will happen? 

Vote and comment