"Where's the other half hyung?" Wonwoo asked as he scooted closer to take a better look of the pendant. Secretly feeling envious because the only gifts Mingyu has ever given him are books, cute sweaters and sometimes a new pair of glasses. Not that he was complaining, but he sometimes wishes Mingyu would think outside the box and give him something else.

That one time he did, he got down on one knee and proposed to Wonwoo with a Shining Diamond engagement ring. But that's a story for another time.

"With someone special." Was Jeonghan's short and only answer, and that's all he wishes to say about him. The memory of seeing a wedding band on that person's finger ignited the bitterness within Jeonghan.

He felt foolish for still wearing the necklace when the other person could've already thrown his away or something. He knew it was just too impossible that other kept his half of the pendant like Jeonghan did. The necklace is a daily reminder to Jeonghan of the biggest mistake he ever committed in his life.

He let go. He let the most beautiful thing that happened to his life, walk away, and walk out of his life forever. He didn't even do anything stop him. He just.........let him go.

Wonwoo noticed the instant change in Jeonghan's mood and decided not to push the topic further or make any comment about it. Afraid he might say the wrong thing and trigger the older.

Jeonghan slipped the pendant back inside his shirt before letting out a sigh. He checks the time on his phone. They've been trapped in the school for hours now. He was starting to lose hope that someone will come and save them.

Suddenly, the sounds of gunshots rang in the room followed by muffled shouts of men running down the hallways. Jeonghan and Wonwoo crouched down behind the couch, eyes closed in Fear and hearts pounding erratically.

The sound of gunshots came from everywhere and it seemed so endless. Jeonghan wrapped a protective arm around a beyond terrified Wonwoo. They keep their head down and eyes closed. Wonwoo places his hands over his ears, he didn't want to hear anymore. It was too much for him.

Soon, stray bullets flew into the lounge room, hitting one object after the other. One bullet shot the vase from the side table next to the couch where Jeonghan and two others hid. Then another bullet hitting the table itself. The sound of the gunshots got louder and so were the voices screaming incoherent words.

Another stray bullet flew into the room and it barely graze the couch as it went straight into Jeonghan's shoulder.

The older yelped in pain and fell on his back on the floor, a hand over his wounded shoulder and blood started to pour out. Wonwoo snapped his eyes open and stared in horror at his new friend. He hurriedly went to Jeonghan's side and gently cradled the older's head on his lap.

As he tried to tend to the older's wound and not panic at the same time, a gas bomb has been thrown into the room. It made a loud hissing sound before a cloud of thick smoke began to fill the room.

The smoke got to Wonwoo first and the younger felt himself slip out of consciousness in just a matter of seconds. Jeonghan could feel himself slowly slipping out of consciousness, he lets out a groan and tried to reach for either Wonwoo or Seungkwan. He coughs as the gas became thicker and starts to overwhelm his senses.

He found Wonwoo's hand and held onto it as block dots start to fill his vision. The last thing he remembers is hearing a voice calling out a name before everything went dark.

"WONWOO!!"