Seungcheol then just sat there and stared at his son. The little boy had taken interest on Seungcheol's police badge pinned on the man's polo shirt. Seungcheol took the opportunity to take a good look on his son.

Chan has grown so much through the past years. He has his mother's chocolate brown eyes and button nose, both cute and unique. And the same gummy smile like Seungcheol's. Refusing a haircut, His hair has gotten longer and a bit curlier. Another trait he got from Seungcheol.

Seungcheol had natural curly hair that he often gelled back to a sleek hairstyle to fit and complete the cop look he likes to go after. He claims the curly hair only makes him look adorable and it doesn't go with the whole bad ass look he wants. Vernon even agreed with him.

Seungcheol reached a hand out and brush a piece of Chan's bangs to the side. The gesture made the child look up with a look of thought on his cute little face.

"What?" Seungcheol smiled down at the child.

"Daddy, Channie has no fwiends because Channie is afwaid to make one." Chan answered, catching his father off guard.

"Why sweetie? What are you afraid of?" Seungcheol tried not to frown but worry laced his voice.

Chan fiddled with his little fingers, unsure of what to say next. He nibbles on lower lip before looking up at his father again. "What If Channie is not a good fwiend? What if they leave Channie too."

Seungcheol felt his heart ache at that. Chan is too young to be thinking like that. He should be able to make friends without any worries and yet here he is. Seungcheol felt lost for a moment and then the guilt sets in. This was his fault. His neglectfulness embedded a Trauma in the child.

Tears welled up in Seungcheol's eyes but he immediately blinks them away. The child was still waiting for his answer.

"Chan it's okay to be scared. But remember this, You are a great friend. Just don't be afraid to be yourself. Okay?" Seungcheol cupped both of Chan's cheeks and pressed a kiss on the child's forehead as the child nodded his head.

"I love you bud." Seungcheol murmured softly, pulling the child into a hug.

"I love you too daddy." Chan murmured back from his father's chest.

The two just sat like that. Seungcheol cradling the most precious and the only person that matters to him in the world, his little diamond, Chan, and these fleeting moments may only be what they have right now but Seungcheol plans to cherishes them with his whole heart.

Soon reality sets in as the door to Seungcheol's office bursts open and a frantic police officer ran in.

"Sir we have a situation! There has been a break in at the preschool!" The officer, Baekho, practically shouted, completely unaware of the child in the room.

Seungcheol rubbed his forehead and sighed in annoyance. Baekho only then noticed Chan who was looking at him with eyes wide in Fear. Baekho sent an apologetic look to his superior.

"Call in Hwasa, tell her to watch Chan for me. And tell the team I'll be joining them in a few minutes." Seungcheol said.

Baekho nodded his head and left the room. Seungcheol lets out another sigh and turned to his son who looked back at him with wonder in his eyes.

"Daddy has to go to work now. Be a good boy to Hwasa okay?"

Chan quietly nodded his head. Seungcheol sighed and pressed a kiss on the child's head. Pulling him in for a short hug. They pulled away just as a female officer enters the room.

"Hey boss, you called." Hwasa stood at the doorway, her bad ass facade melting away instantly as soon her gaze landed on little Chan. "Channie!"

Chan hurriedly climbed off his father's lap and ran as fast as his little feet could before diving into Hwasa's awaiting arms. Hwasa lifts the child unto her hips and gave the child a loud kiss on the cheek earning a giggle from Chan.

If Vernon was the favorite uncle, Hwasa was definitely the favorite aunt. Chan's loves her dearly and she's one of the few people that Chan only opens up to. She was kind, sweet, loyal and awesome. And she also happens to be Chan's godmother and one of Seungcheol's closest friends.

Although she and Chan's mother does not get along, Hwasa would still move mountains for the child. She loves him like he was her own and Seungcheol is very grateful to have someone like Hwasa show Chan what a mother's love and support feels like. Chan's real mother isn't really doing a great job at it.

Seungcheol got up from his chair and started preparing for the meeting, watching as the two went to sit on the couch where all of Chan's school book are sprawled across the coffee table. Chan sat on his godmother's lap with a book on his hand and Hwasa proceeded to teach the child how to read animal names.

"I'll be back as soon as the meeting is over." Seungcheol said, slipping his gun on the holster before taking his police coat off the rack.

Hwasa only gave a salute in return. With another sigh, Seungcheol was out of the room.