Chapter Fifty-Two:

Start from the beginning

"I've been dying to ask, how's life with Luca? Is he good to you? Is he kind to you?" Damon asked and moved his hands up to remove my gag. He ripped it off in one swoop and I gasped for air, feeling more air go into my body now. I breathed through my mouth, attempting to get as much air into my body as possible and slow my breathing.

I looked up at Damon, watching his eyes glimmer with amusement. "Why do you care?" I hissed and wiped my mouth on my shoulder awkwardly.

Damon laughed, "I care about you, Pimpi."

I snorted, "You have a rather funny way of showing it." I said blandly, narrowing my eyes back onto his bright ones.

"I care about you, because you're worth fifty million dollars." Damon started lowly, "I personally wouldn't pay that much for you; you're too much to handle." He laughed suddenly, dark and cackling.

I rolled my eyes, "That's the difference between you and Luca; he cares about me, genuinely. He will do anything to ensure that I'm safe." I said with gritted teeth, feeling annoyed at his response.

Damon gave my leg a small squeeze, "We'll see about that, now won't we?" Damon rubbed my leg again, taking away the pain from his nails digging into my skin. "I've arranged a meet up for tomorrow, which means we have some things to talk about." He smiled up at me and I felt my heart surge forward at the thought of getting back to Luca. But I remembered what Damon had said about killing Luca.

"I won't let you kill Luca, that wasn't the deal." I said with an angry expression.

Damon chuckled and rubbed my leg some more, travelling up higher; which made me suck in a sharp breath. "I don't think you're in a place to order me around, Pimpi. I will do whatever I must to regain control." He nodded up at me.

I inhaled deeply; regaining my composure. "Luca won't give that power up to you so easily. He's fought for what he has; he's killed, tortured, etc. He won't just give that up to you. Let me talk to him, and I can work something out. There's no need for brash decisions." I explained calmly, watching Damon's eyes focus and un-focus on me.

He pursed his lips, "You will stay by my side the entire time. If either you or him make a wrong move, I will kill you both. I've sent the whereabouts to Luca, and told him to only bring Tyler with him, and I will only bring Jacob." Damon explained with a smile. "I have no reason to talk to Luca, I don't want to hear anything he has to say. And if you even think about trying anything stupid; I will kill Luca and make you watch." He gritted darkly all of the sudden.

"You guys were closer than brothers, and it all ended because Luca supposedly killed your father?" I asked, wanting to know more.

Damon moved his hand up further, tightening his grip on my hip. "It wasn't supposedly; he killed him. How am I supposed to continue working beneath the man who killed my father? What kind of son would I be?" He asked and I wanted to explain more, but Damon hushed me. "I don't want to hear it. Luca will never tell the truth." He pulled away from me, standing up and looking down at me.

He let out a deep sigh and ran his hands through his blond hair, "I will allow you to shower, if you promise not to disobey me anymore; get all that blood and shit off you. You look horrible." I would've taken offence to that if I actually cared about what he thought.

Jacob entered the room and began undoing my bonds, his breath close to my ear. "Take good care of her Jacob, tomorrow is a big day." He laughed and walked over to his desk, nudging Aldo's body. "And get someone to take care of this... rat." He gritted.

"Come on Pimpi, time to shower." He grabbed my hand and pulled me off the chair, leading me towards the door. I glanced back at Damon, watching his eyes watch me as I exited through the door.

I was in complete shock, and I hadn't even felt my wounds until now. My body burned and I struggled to keep up with Jacob's large and brisk steps. My feet ached and I stumbled to the ground, landing on my all fours.

"Do I need to carry you?" Jacob paused and looked down at me.

I gritted my teeth and shook my head, causing Jacob to growl in annoyance and saunter over to me. His hands swooped me off the floor and carried me towards the stairs. "You're getting blood all over my shirt." He grumbled in annoyance and I shifted my body around, attempting to not touch him. But it wasn't possible.

Jacob carried me up the stairs, causing me to cling onto him so he wouldn't let me fall. "You really are like a frightened kitten; gripping onto me like I'm going to drop you." He laughed as he carried me towards a large bathroom.

I didn't respond to him, instead I allowed him to place me down onto the counter and move over to the shower. He turned the water on and I heard the sound of it hitting the tile floor of the shower. He stuck his hand inside, testing the water before turning back towards me.

His hands went towards my feet where the bloodied and half fallen off bandages were. I felt his rough hands begin to remove them and I flinched, but allowed him to touch me momentarily. Once he finished removing all my bandages, his hands went up to the back of my bra and I slapped his hands away.

"I can do this on my own." I gritted and he raised his brows at me.

"I will be right outside this door, don't lock it and don't do anything stupid because I'll know." He gave me a nod and left me alone to shower.

Although, I wasn't really alone. My thoughts were spilling into my brain and the one that stood out to me the most was my constant worry about Luca.

LUCA'S POINT OF VIEW:

I slid down onto my office chair, watching as Tyler followed me inside.

"What is it?" He asked as he walked over beside me.

I let out a sigh and rubbed my eyes. "I should have brought some men with me. Damon showed up and took Emily with him. He said the trade is still on and I just have to sit and wait for his word." I gritted out the last part, feeling extremely angry.

Tyler sighed as well, "Don't blame yourself. You thought she was alone because she escaped, who knew that Damon was going to find her." I rubbed my sore eyes, closing them for a moment before looking up at him.

"I need to get her back." My phone suddenly dinged and I picked it up in a rush, seeing a text from Damon again. I swiped open the phone and my eyes widened at the picture of Emily. She was strapped down to a chair, only wearing her underwear. I tightened my grip on the phone and looked closer, seeing a big red "D" on her chest. I growled lowly and showed the phone to Tyler.

His breath hitched and he stuttered, but I ignored it.

"He marked her." I gritted plainly.

"It will... Heal..." Tyler tried to reassure but I wasn't in the mood to hear it. This was all my fault. All my fucking fault. I did this to her. I kidnapped her. I did all of this.

I scanned through the text messages,

Luca,

I have devised a meeting place for us tomorrow at 12PM. You know it very well, as it was the place where you murdered my father in cold blood. Bring only Tyler, and I will only bring Jacob.

See you there.

Damon.

I gritted my jaw at the text. He was still on about this. I did him a favour by killing his horrible father. Yet, he still wouldn't ever believe what I said. He had his thoughts on the matter, and there was no changing his mind.

"He's arranged a meeting place." I turned towards Tyler, watching his eyes brighten.

"That means you'll get her back." He said with a smile and I looked away.

"Has the money been rounded up yet?" I asked in curiosity, flicking my eyes right back onto him.

Tyler gave me a nod, "Yes, it's all set and in the security vault at the Grand. Would you like me to fetch some men to go get it?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No. I want you to do it. I only trust you with that much money." I saw him nod from the corner of my eye and let out a small breath of air, feeling anxious for tomorrow.