CHAPTER NINE

Recap

So here I'm in the dinning ready to eat my breakfast and because I was still angry about yesterday, I didn't bother about my family's absence neither did I bother to call them. I sat down at my normal position at the dinning table and immediately I opened my  covered Italian breakable plates I screamed. I screamed out of shock of what I saw on the plate. I don't really know whether the scream is of disbelieve, happiness or surprise. All I know is I was happy about what I saw and immediately, I felt a guilt about my reaction yesterday.

💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

While I was shouting, everyone came out because of my disturbing noise. Immediately dad came out, I ran to him and hugged him.

Thank you so much Dad. Thank you I'm so grateful. Sorry for my attitude yesterday. You are the best. Thank you thank you thank you. I said all in one breathe filled with excitement.

Oh my. Affy why are you behaving like a little kid. Besides it's just a car and you really deserve it. Dad said in a chuckling tune.

No Dad words can't express my gratitude. I'm really amazed wallahi. Baba am useko miyyetti. Allah ya baka aljannatul firdausi.

Amin Amin Afra Asad. Oya enough of the gratitudes. Let's go and see the car. He said.

We went out with Mummy and Ammy trailing behind us.

Oh my God. I said disengaging myself from daddy's side hug. I went and touched the car to see if it was actually real to see if I wasn't dreaming. And I wasn't. It is actually real. The latest Mercedes Benz Jeep was standing right in front of me and this time around it is mine. Oh alhamdulillah Allah am. I said.

💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

The sun is just up now and later in the day, we would be going for dinner with my family. Daddy said it was my graduation dinner since he wasn't present and he wants me to be the sole decision maker since the dinner was for me. But before then, I asked for permission to go see Datuu. And it's a surprised visit because I would love to surprise her with my new car. So I wore my elegant lilac abaya and my black slim hills with my Michael kors bag. I looked at myself for the last time in the mirror while putting on my Rolex wrist watch and sprayed my numerous designer perfumes. I took my new iPhone 11 and went out of my room. I went to mum and told her good bye I didn't see Daddy because he was having a nap.

Affy make sure you are back early so we won't be late for the dinner. I heard mummy said as I was coming down the stairs.

Ok mummy, I shouted as I reached the end of the stairs.

💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

As I approached Datuu's house, thier gateman stood from where he was sitted seeing as a foreign car was approaching his work place. But as soon as he saw it was me, he quickly opened the gate and let me in. Because of my happy mood, I gave him five thousand naira as a token.

So, as I said earlier, it was a surprised visit. So, I sent Datuu a snap of me right inside thier compound.

mallam Isa. Wani bako muka samu Kuma Dan bantaba ganin Dr. Nasir da motanan ba. Nasir is thier family doctor that comes to thier house to check them up every month. I heard a familiar voice say while waiting for Datuu to respond to my snap and as I turned I saw Yaya Yasir and his elder brother Yaya Mukhtar. And I quickly turned not wanting to meet him so the situation won't be awkward. But no. I was already too late as we did four eyes together. And he walked to where I was standing with a beautiful smile on his face and I just had to smile too. So I put up a shy smile playing with my phone that was in my hand and it was obvious that I was nervous.