Chapter 18.2

The days of one life is only this flat* to live by.

Many people in the city did not know that he was a eunuch, for he had changed into the clothes of an ordinary soldier since the first two days of his arrival at Yanmen Pass. Considering that the fourth prince needs someone to serve on him as he accompanies the army, it's always inconvenient to have a eunuch with the Captain Cavalryman. Huangfu Jie took the initiative to ask Zhang Ping to change out of his eunuch costume, and Great General Liu Bai naturally didn't say much.

The winter in northern border* is quite long.

Huang Fu Jie took along Zhang Ping all day long to army training and drills

In three years, he already had a team loyal to him. Not many people though, only 2,000. But these 2,000 men were the most powerful archers in the entire army, and the other abilities they possessed were unknown.

Of course, even fewer people knew that he had secretly sent out some of the men who had sworn allegiance to him, and then replaced them with others who had come in. To and fro, his team had remained at two thousand, but he had secretly transferred no less than a hundred men. And that, even Zhang Ping wasn't very clear.

In three years, he secretly weaved a net and spread it; in the past three years, he used actual combat to correspond to Great General Liu 's strategy and tested his ideas. Sometimes he thought his ideas were better, sometimes he was surprised by Great General Liu's tactics.

He knows he is still young and lacks experience. He is not arrogant nor hot-tempered, does not compete for merit and does not complain, buying people's hearts and minds while following the plan step by step.

Sometimes he'd be anxious, and sometimes in the middle of the night when he would dream back, sinking in his childhood nightmare and struggling to wake up, he would hate, hating it so much that he couldn't control his killing intent.

That's when he would go looking for Zhang Ping. The wonderful thing was that Zhang Ping, who usually made some excuses to refuse*, was always stunned for a while when he saw this, and then silently lay down on the bed and let him toss him around.

He didn't control himself last night. He remembered that Zhang Ping seemed to be hurt by him. But when he woke up in the morning, he found that the person on his bedside* had long gone.

Picking up a hair from the pillow, Huangfu Jie's face was gloomy. He didn't like the fact that Zhang Ping ran off without telling him anything. Yet this happened many times. He thought that maybe he should mention it to Zhang Ping again and let him know where he was going and what he was doing from now on.

Zhang Ping was now sitting in a breakfast stall in front of the city wall's drinking porridge and eating fried dough sticks*.

Got to say, Porridge and fried dough sticks are the perfect matches for breakfast. If there was an additional salted duck egg, there is nothing more to say. Unfortunately, the stall owner doesn't serve salted duck eggs*, He serves soy egg*.

"Hey, madman, did you fall into the ditch last night? Why is it so smelly? "Zhang Ping, holding the stick in his mouth, beckoned the stall owner to serve a bowl of porridge to the man lying on the table.

The man who was called a madman by Zhang Ping raised his head and chuckled twice. He sniffed the porridge smell when he sniffed his nose. He grabbed the porridge bowl from the stall owner's hand, didn't use chopsticks, and just pour it down his mouth.

The stall owner was startled and scolded: "Damn madman, don't break the bowl!"

The madman ignored him, and after drinking the porridge, went to grab the soy egg in Zhang Ping's dish.