Chapter 11

You wait outside on the bench for Riot to come back with your veggie burger and fries. You watch the birds fly by and without a cloud in the sky.

What a crazy couple of days it's been. I can't believe I'm actually here with him. Who would've thought that in just a few days I'd be staying and friends with the spec ops guys. This is insane.

"Alright were all set, ready to head out?" Riot asks you.

"Actually do you wanna sit and talk for a bit? It's beautiful out and it would be good time to get to know each other."

He smiles at you and takes a seat next to you on the bench, he places the bag of burgers and fries next to him.

"I'd love to."

He opens the bag and takes out two burgers; he hands one to you and keep one for himself.

"This smells amazing."

"Wait till you try a bite, it gets even better."

You open up the burger and take a bite.

"Mmmm, this is fucking good," you say with a mouth full of food.

"I told you," he replied also with a mouthful of food.

You nudge him with your shoulder.

He chuckles while trying to keep his mouth shut so he doesn't spit out any food.

You start laughing too.

"You're gonna make me choke on my food," you try to calm yourself down.

You both simmer down, finish your burgers.

"So tell me about yourself."

"I hate that question. I never know what to say and I always get so flustered-"

"Hey," Riot takes your hand in his, "you don't have to be nervous around me."

And yet, the moment he makes any physical contact with me I start nervous sweating.

"Okay well I grew up in (your hometown), one of my favorite colors is (your favorite color), if I had to have one pet it would be (your pet choice), and one thing I've always wanted to try is (something you've always wanted to do)."

"That's pretty cool, I grew up here actually been here my whole life and I'm not sure if I'm ever gonna leave, my favorite color is sage green because it's simple and beautiful, I'd definitely have a cat as a pet, and one thing I've always wanted to do is live on an island for a month, you know just enjoy nature, the beach, the sun and not worry about anything else."

"I hope we both get to do those things one day."

"Me too."

You continue to talk to him for a little bit longer, talking about old memories and plans for the future. He wants to work for a non-profit in support of the Black Lives Matter movement and the LGBTQIA+ community. He doesn't mind living with the the spec ops guys for the rest of his life but wouldn't mind living in a bigger house, and he isn't sure if he sees children in his future but he's open to it.

"We should get going their food is definitely cold by now, gonna have to pop it in the oven," Riot says.

Riot hands you the bag of food, gets on the bike and starts it.

You put the bag of food around your wrist then push it up to your arm, you hop on the bike and wrap your arms around Riot.

Riot drives you back to the house.