Never Forgiving You (2)

Requested by HeartxBreak_123

Hope this turns out okay, enjoy! And yes, Natasha does eventually end up being forgiven

Hope this turns out okay, enjoy! And yes, Natasha does eventually end up being forgiven. Also, will be short.

♡◇♡

~~~

With the stones in the gauntlet, Bruce snapped his fingers, everyone freaking when his hand gets rendered useless. But when Clint's cell rings, a picture of Laura popping up, they know it worked.

But then shit hits the fan. They're fighting and getting their ass whooped by a big purple dude that they wished they killed properly in the beginning. And just as Steve was about to fight until he died, those magical words, "behind you," came from his earpiece. Portals opened up and people started to walk though. Ships and supers were coming to their aide, ready to help. And then Natasha saw the one person she'd never see again, standing tall and proud, and ready to kick ass.

"Avengers, assemble." And the fighting started, blood spilling everywhere and it looked like there was no end in sight. And it looked like all hope was lost when Thanos had the stones again, but when it turned out Tony had gotten the stones and snapped Thanos into deletion, people cheered when it was all over. Then, they cried, having lost a amazing, smart and funny but stupid man.

***

Like everyone else, Y/n didn't handle the loss to well. She cried and screamed. Tony being like a father and even calling her is daughter a few times. Pepper had always been her mom, even if she wasn't really, and held Y/n as she cried. Held her through her nightmares that made her wake up thinking she was still in the battlefield. It hurt.

And it only got worse when Natasha came to her. It may have been five years since it happened, but it was only five minutes for Y/n. She still couldn't look at Natasha, not yet at least. God, she still loved the stupid assassin, and stupidly wanted to give her a chance, but it was gonna be a while before she could.

Wanda and Y/n sat at the edge of the pool, watching Morgan swim around the shallow end of the pool, when Natasha walked over, asking if she could sit with them. Wanda looked at Y/n first, getting a nod in return, then telling the red-headed woman it was fine. Natasha wanted to sit by Y/n, but resisted and sat by Wanda instead.

"Auntie Nat! Are you gonna come swimming?" Natasha gave a sad smile, shaking her head.

"Sorry kiddo. Not today, maybe next time?"

Morgan pouts, standing up in the water as she crosses her arms. "But Auntie Wanda and Auntie Y/n won't come in either."

"Wanna know a secret bug?" The little girl nodded and Natasha mentioned for her to come closer and then leaned in and loudly whispered into Morgan's ear. "Auntie Wanda and Y/n loved getting splashed."

"Natasha!" Y/n shrieked, already moving to stand, but it was too late. With Natasha's help, Morgan was able to splash her aunts, giggling and high giving her aunt Natasha as she went back to swimming.

"Watch your back, I'll get you back." Y/n warned, but Natasha merely smiled, just happy she could hear Y/n's laugh again.

Over the months, Natasha did different things for and with Y/n. Jumping in and doing dishes or cooking - anyone that said Natasha couldn't cook was lying 'cause she was an excellent cook - or picking up books she'd think Y/n would like. She'd pick up extra sweets that Y/n liked and even painted her room because the other color wasn't the right shade of white.

And it was Christmas eve when it finally stsrted moving somewhere. They were at Pepper's house, celebrating the beautiful holiday when they both stood under the archway where a mistletoe was placed. People egged them on, teasing them that they had to kiss, but Natasha was trying to be respectful and said if Y/n didn't want to kiss her, she wouldn't, but then, she was getting turned around and Y/n's lips were on her's. She stood there in shock, but quickly started to kiss back, pulling Y/n close as she deepened the kiss. There were whistles and cheers for the couple and if you both ask, they swore they could hear Tony and Clint cheer for them as well.

"I missed you.." Natasha mumbles, nuzzling her nose against Y/n's neck. They hold each other close, before pulling away.

"I missed you too. I love you too, love you so much. This is your last and only chance and if you do anything-"

"I know, I won't, I promise. It hurt too much to have you away from me." With one last kiss, they walk to the table, knowing they're gonna have to have the talk soon, but decided to leave it until after the holidays were over.