HOUSE CALL- FT. DEMETRIUS SHIPP Part 6

I have been coming to the same bodega everyday for the last 3 years.... I always grabbed a bag of plain Lays, A soda and some trident.  Sometimes, the line was long and other times I was in and out. Today, the line was long.... The kind of long that made you question whether you needed to buy what you had.

I had just got home from the night shift and wanted to take a shower.  I double tapped the airpod in my left ear... Finally, it was my turn.... Hello, Ms. Charisse. I smile and say hello back.  He rings me up and says sorry for your wait. I told him no problem. Have a good day. I decline my change and take my bag. I had just made it to the corner when I felt someone touch my shoulder. Startled, I turned around and faced  the person that touched me. Yes?

He takes two steps back, Sorry Ms. Charisse. Not trying to invade your space.I narrow my eyes staring at him. Do I know you?

You might, if you didn't have your head buried in a book every morning on that train. I shift my weight from one foot to the other and eye him. I inhaled and smirked internally. He smiles  and says I just wanted to return this to you... He pulls the book I had been reading out of his jacket.  He hands it to me and says you enjoy the rest of your day beautiful. He pulls his hood up and walks off.

I tuck the book under my arm and  head off toward my house. My little black plastic bag blowing in the wind. Damn, he smelled good!

I  walk into my apartment and lock the door throwing my things on the couch. My book flies open and  a napkin falls out. I pick it up.  There is a number and a  note.... For the past 6 weeks I've noticed you on the train. I never spoke, because I didn't want to disrupt your reading. You have great taste in books, by the way. I have actually purchased some of the titles you have read. Thank you for being the spark.

I would love to take you out sometime. I've included my number in case you are interested. -Demetrius

I smile. I showered, came out of the bathroom and  dried off.  I looked over at the napkin and smiled again.... I yawn and fall asleep for about 2.5 hours.

My phone woke me up. It was my job. The weather is calling for a blizzard. Stay home. I looked out the window and saw the snow coming down heavily.

I picked up my phone and typed the number in. We were in a blizzard I had nothing to lose, right?

...4096-  Hope you are staying warm in the blizzard. Thank you so much for returning my book. You're welcome. I'm trying too. I seem to have lost my shirt.

 ...4096-  ( laughing face emoji) okay, clickbait....

(Demetrius) He sends back a laughing emoji.  Hope  you are staying warm as well.

 ...4096  Wish I had some hot chocolate...guess I'll survive.

(Demetrius) If you'll allow me, I can definitely fulfill that wish and deliver it.... 

...4096- I don't want to put you out.

(Demetrius) It's no trouble for the lady that puts a smile on my face everyday. ..

.4096 okay, but only if you allow me to cook for you... 

(Demetrius) Sounds like a plan.

We exchange information and I head to the kitchen to make some food. I figured breakfast would be the safest bet, because who didn't like breakfast?

Demetrius arrives at my building 40 minutes later.... When I opened the door, he had a full wool trench coat on hat and a scarf. He took off his hat before stepping across the threshold.